New bug (for me) when trying to compile Demo Plugin

I included the search path for the JucePluginCharacteristics.h file in REZ_SEARCH_PATHS, but I still get the exact same error as I descibed 4 posts above. Plus, if this file needs to be included in the REZ_SEARCH_PATHS, shouldn’t it be included in the Juce Demo Plugin project? Since this file is in a known place for that project, etc.

Another question: Why does the project ship with libPluginLibrary.a enabled as one of the libraries needed to build? It seems like you could simply turn off this file as one of the needed targets, but keep it as one of the included libraries, and things would build well. Of course, this is hypothetical, as I can’t get the demo plugin to build.

I should note that I have the juce SDK located at ~/SDKs, as well as my vstsdk2.4 and PT_80_SDK folder, so I shouldn’t have to change the search paths for the vstsdk2.4 stuff. I have also moved the required CoreAudio files to the Extras folder, as recommended in the Readme.

All assistance greatly appreciated.

Sean Costello

To clarify: I have added the following path to Rez Search Paths:

…/…/src

Are there other resource paths that aren’t being specified? Jules, what do you have in your Rez Search Paths settings?

Thanks,

Sean Costello

I have this for my other_rez_flags:
-d ppc_$ppc -d i386_$i386 -d ppc64_$ppc64 -d x86_64_$x86_64 -I /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/Headers -I “$(DEVELOPER_DIR)/Extras/CoreAudio/AudioUnits/AUPublic/AUBase”

This is in the other_rez_paths for my target, and is presumably part of the default project. Still doesn’t work. I put in a direct, non-relative link to the Extras/CoreAudio/AudioUnits/AUPublic/AUBase directory as well, and still have the same bug.

Sean Costello

Then I’m afraid I’ve no idea - I’ve never had a problem compiling the resources… Maybe in all your attempts you’ve broken some other setting? Maybe try going back to the original demo project and start again…

I’ve been deleting the Juce folder and re-cloning the GIT directory on a daily basis, to avoid corrupting the project with my own experiments.

Anyway, I just figured out how to get the Demo Juce Plugin project running in OS 10.5. Duplicating the /Developer/Examples/CoreAudio folder as /Developer/Extras/CoreAudio, as recommended in the “How to use this framework.txt” file doesn’t seem to work, which makes me think that there are dependencies with other files in the 10.5 Examples folder that are being messed up. The following trick (suggested earlier) works:

• Download the latest GIT tip.
  • Use Finder to navigate to JuceDemoPlugin.xcodeproj, and select “Show Package Contents.”
  • Open up the project.pbxproj file in Xcode.
  • Do a Find and Replace of the string

with

and save the project.pbxproj file.

• Open up the JuceDemoPlugin.xcodeproj.
  • (if you aren’t building RTAS) In the External Frameworks and Libraries group, click on the PluginLibrary.xcodeproj icon, and uncheck the libPluginLibrary.a file.
  • In the Get Info part of the JuceDemoPlugin target, make sure that your Header Search Paths points to your vstsdk2.4 directory. By default, this is looking for the vstsdk2.4 folder in ~/SDKs. This seems like a reasonable place to place your SDKs, if you want to follow this model.

Hopefully this will be helpful to others.

Sean Costello

Hey Jules:

I notices that the search and replace technique I suggest above doesn’t work with the latest tip. I can’t find the “Extras/CoreAudio” string. Plus, things compile for me just fine in 10.5.

Have you come up with a solution that works in 10.5 and 10.6? Let us know what you’ve done! Don’t hide your light under a bushel!

Sean Costello

I didn’t realise I’d fixes that, but I changed the project to default to the latest SDK rather than 10.4 - that’s probably what’s made the difference…