AU JuceDemo build


#1

Once again a clean pull off git, i did a copy of the /Developer/Examples directory like it says in the doc. Deleted all the RTAS stuff, build and all is gr8 except:

Rez "/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/build/mac/build/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Debug/JuceDemoPlugin.build/ResourceManagerResources/Objects/juce_AU_Resources.rsrc" ../../../wrapper/AU/juce_AU_Resources.r
    mkdir "/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/build/mac/build/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Debug/JuceDemoPlugin.build/ResourceManagerResources/Objects"
    cd "/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/build/mac"
    /Developer/Tools/Rez -o "/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/build/mac/build/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Debug/JuceDemoPlugin.build/ResourceManagerResources/Objects/juce_AU_Resources.rsrc" -d SystemSevenOrLater=1 -useDF -script Roman -d ppc_$ppc -d i386_YES -d ppc64_$ppc64 -d x86_64_$x86_64 -I /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/Headers -I /Developer/Extras/CoreAudio/AudioUnits/AUPublic/AUBase -arch i386 -i "/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/build/mac/build/Debug" -i /Developer/Extras/CoreAudio/AudioUnits/AUPublic/Utility -i /Developer/Extras/CoreAudio/AudioUnits/AUPublic/AUCarbonViewBase -i /Developer/Extras/CoreAudio/AudioUnits/AUPublic/OtherBases -i /Developer/Extras/CoreAudio/PublicUtility -i /Developer/Extras/CoreAudio/AudioUnits/AUPublic/AUBase -i "/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/build/mac/../../src" -i /Developer/Extras/CoreAudio/AudioUnits/AUPublic/AUViewBase -i "/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/build/mac/build/Debug" -i "/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/build/mac/build/Debug/include" -i /Users/atom/SDKs/vstsdk2.4 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk "/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/build/mac/../../../wrapper/AU/juce_AU_Resources.r"
failed to find AUResources/AUResources.r
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/build/mac/../../../wrapper/AU/juce_AU_Resources.r:51: ### /Developer/Tools/Rez - SysError 0 during open of "AUResources.r".
Fatal Error!
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/build/mac/../../../wrapper/AU/juce_AU_Resources.r:51: ### /Developer/Tools/Rez - Fatal Error, can't recover.
AUResources.r: ### /Developer/Tools/Rez - Since errors occurred, /Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/audio plugins/demo/build/mac/build/JuceDemoPlugin.build/Debug/JuceDemoPlugin.build/ResourceManagerResources/Objects/juce_AU_Resources.rsrc's resource fork was not written.

it’s weird AUResources/AUResources.r is not includes, AUResources.r is included, so i’m a bit lost. This is OSX 10.5.7


#2

That sounds like rez not finding the path to the AUResources.h file. Rez has its own separate search path in the settings, so you might need to set that up for your machine.

(I’ll shortly be updating those projects to new jucer-created ones anyway, so that might sort it out…)


#3

Copying the Developer/Examples directory doesn’t work for me, as the AU_Resources.r files is located somewhere relative to this directory, not within it.

I’m on OS 10.5 as well, and have found that whenever I update to the tip, I go to the Mac project in finder, right click and select “Show Package Contents,” and open the file project.pbxproj, which will open up in Xcode. From there, I search for all instances of Developer/Examples, and replace with Developer/Extras. This gets the project to build for me.

Sean Costello


#4

i fixed it (forum search) i copied that .r file into the wrapper/AU directory