New release: v1.26

Hi folks… V1.26 is up there for your enjoyment now…

Main addition to this one is Linux audio support, but I’ve also done some heavy rewriting of the windowing code.

* Linux audio support using ALSA! This is a first stab at an implementation, so I've only had chance to try it on one soundcard - linux audio experts, please let me know what I've done wrong!
* Restructured the way components are housed in windows, getting rid of NativeDesktopWindow and instead having a ComponentPeer base class, of which there may be more than one implementation. (This won't make any difference to most people, only power-users)
* Graphics contexts now work with a RectangleList as their clip region, instead of just a single rectangle
* added some methods to Desktop to access a list of top-level desktop components
* fixes and improvements to TextEditor, improving its handling of word-wrapping
* added a QuickTime page and an audio input monitor to the demo app.

gr8 jules ! now my linux box can emit soundburst !!!
a thing i would like to ask you… is possible to move the DropShadower creation for the windows inside the look and feel class ? cause i think the default shadows are too big and i like to have’em but with different parameter (something like DropShadower(0.65f, 0, 2, 2) )… but every time you release a new one i have to search and replace for the old Dropshadower lines (and now you’re using in 2 places) and replace with mine… not a worry but just to make clear that would be useful to let the look and feel manage if the dropshadow is in there and what parameter it have…

cheerz !

i think you should refactor the Audio Wrappers cause you get rid of the native desktop window class…

Works great on my machine here at uni :D. Now, if only JUCE had JACK support… :twisted:

• Niall.

[quote=“kraken”]gr8 jules ! now my linux box can emit soundburst !!!
a thing i would like to ask you… is possible to move the DropShadower creation for the windows inside the look and feel class ? cause i think the default shadows are too big and i like to have’em but with different parameter (something like DropShadower(0.65f, 0, 2, 2) )… but every time you release a new one i have to search and replace for the old Dropshadower lines (and now you’re using in 2 places) and replace with mine… not a worry but just to make clear that would be useful to let the look and feel manage if the dropshadow is in there and what parameter it have…

cheerz ![/quote]

yes - that’s a fair request, I can do that.

ah yes, sorry, bit of a delay uploading the new plugin wrapper code. It’s there now.

gr8 :wink: you always shout me up :smiley:

Thanks for resolving my issue with drawHorizontalLine! Much appreciated.

Matt

It would nice if you could put up the history for the JuceAudioPlugin, because outside delving into the code or looking at this thread, I wouldn’t immediatedly know what’s been changed.

Dextrus.

In 1.26, DialogWindow::setContentComponent() with resizeToFit set to false, the contentcomponent should be resized to fix the DialogWindow, but it isn’t. So dialogs that used to work 1.25 now show up empty.

Or am I doin something silly?

[quote=“FigBug”]In 1.26, DialogWindow::setContentComponent() with resizeToFit set to false, the contentcomponent should be resized to fix the DialogWindow, but it isn’t. So dialogs that used to work 1.25 now show up empty.

Or am I doin something silly?[/quote]

I’d guess you’re doing something silly - that method’s used in the juce demo, and lots of other places.

[quote=“jules”]
* added a QuickTime page and an audio input monitor to the demo app.[/quote]

no you ave not! :wink:

not the direct download exe anyway.

[quote=“Karbon L. Forms”][quote=“jules”]
* added a QuickTime page and an audio input monitor to the demo app.[/quote]

no you ave not! :wink:

not the direct download exe anyway.[/quote]

yeah, I know. I forgot to build it into the windows version. It’s there if you build it yourself though. Will do a new one soon when I post the next version.

[quote=“jules”][quote=“FigBug”]In 1.26, DialogWindow::setContentComponent() with resizeToFit set to false, the contentcomponent should be resized to fix the DialogWindow, but it isn’t. So dialogs that used to work 1.25 now show up empty.

Or am I doin something silly?[/quote]

I’d guess you’re doing something silly - that method’s used in the juce demo, and lots of other places.[/quote]

I figured out what is going on. Something changed in the SimpleListBox between 1.25 and 1.26, and now updateContent() must be called after creating the list box before anything will show up.