Juce 1.23

Ok, had a few fixes and new features to throw in, so following closely on the heels of v1.22, the latest one is up there now!

Changes are:

* new class AudioDeviceManager - this makes it super-easy for audio applications to manage the user's choice of audio and midi devices, and to save and load the user's audio settings.
* new class AudioDeviceSelectorComponent - goes with the AudioDeviceManager to make it easy to let the user change the audio settings. I've also updated the JuceDemo audio section to use these new features.
* fix to ProgressBar
* a few graphics rendering fixes, and some optimisations for pixel blending operations
* change to AudioIODeviceCallback class to add methods to tell the callback when the device starts and stops
* small tweak to AudioSourcePlayer now that it no longer needs to be told the sample rate and buffer size
* a few more tweaks for 64-bit compatibility on linux
* added a checkNewSize() method to ResizableBase and ResizableWindow to allow custom resize constraints.
* fix for a mac midi input bug that could freeze the system when malformed midi packets arrive
* optional drop-shadows on menus via the LookAndFeel class

oooh this certainly does make my life easier… :smiley:

juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust as I was considering sorting out my audio device selection.

sweet.

many thanks !

[quote=“jules”]Ok, had a few fixes and new features to throw in, so following closely on the heels of v1.22, the latest one is up there now!

Changes are:

* optional drop-shadows on menus via the LookAndFeel class[/quote]

mhh, after looking in the help, I can’t find the proper method to disable the drop shadow on menus. Any hints ?

After that all I’ll miss is non-rectangular windows and a working opendialog for linux :wink:

There’s a method in the lookandfeel class for getting rid of menu shadows - you’ll need to override it in a custom lookandfeel object…