I’m loading my VST plugin (built with Juce 4.2.4) in Max 7.2.4 and no title bar is shown. I built and tested loading the JuceDemoPlugin in Max and the same thing happens - no title bar.
When I load either of them in Ableton Live there is a title bar. I’ve tested loading plugins from other developers into Max and they do have title bars.
As I understand it the window frame is provided by the host, not the plugin, so Juce must be blocking this in some way.
To replicate in Max
- Create a new patcher window.
- Create a vst~ object, right click on it and chose to and open its help window.
- Enter edit mode in the help window.
- Edit the “plug” button to be your equivalent of “plug /Users/chrisgr/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/JuceDemoPlugin.vst”. i.e. The path to the plugin.
- Exit edit mode.
- Press the above created button.
- The plugin should load without error and this will be reported in the Max window.
- Press the “open” button.
- The window should open but there will be no title bar.