Nothing works, not even template projects. ChatGPT even failed at the most basic task I could imagine

Asking “basic” questions is necessary to try and help figure out your issue. If you wanted to avoid being asked basic questions, you could have provided more details in your initial post (what OS are you on, what version of JUCE, did you download the Projucer from the site or build it from source yourself, etc). You also weren’t very specific about the exact problems except saying it’s “a completely nonfunctional VST3-only plugin”. I’m guessing that your project builds successfully as a VST3, and the issue you’re frustrated about is that it won’t show up in any DAWs? If that’s the case, you could try scanning it with pluginval to see if there are scanning errors.

Asking basic questions, especially here, is always an essential first step for those of us donating our time to try to help, because these forums frequently have absolute beginners asking for help, and this:

gave me the impression that you may not be the most experienced developer. Good luck.

8 Likes