Nsinternalconsistency exception at AU editor open

Hi

I’m on macOs, Juce 1,51. I get a problem in the sample : Plugin Host.
When I run it, add a plugin (some sndard Apple AU plugs) and try to open its editor window, I get some unhandled exceptions for some plugins (ex. : AUDelay) and everything is fne for others (ex .: AUMatrixReverb). Generic wiew open is OK
The plugin editor opens blank and I get the exception below :
Has someone any clue ? Thanks by advance.
Luc B

[color=#0000BF]JUCE v1.51.16
CoreMidi - opening out: Port 2
name: Apple: AUDelay
info: Apple’s time delay unit
Opening AU: AudioUnit:Effects/aufx,dely,appl
Initialising AU: AUDelay
2010-09-27 11:57:17.539 Plugin Host[875:a0f] *** Assertion failure in -[AUDelayCustomView getParameterValue:], /SourceCache/CoreAudioUI/CoreAudioUI-65.4/Source/CoreAudioUI/AUUI/CocoaCustomViews/Delay/AUDelayCustomView.mm:177
JUCE Assertion failure in /Users/luc/Documents/dev/juce/extras/audio plugin host/Builds/MacOSX/…/…/JuceLibraryCode/…/…/…/amalgamation/…/src/application/juce_Application.cpp, line 116
Debugger() was called!
sharedlibrary apply-load-rules all
(gdb)
[/color]

Please try the tip! There’s no point reporting problems unless they’re definitely still there in the very latest version.

Sorry… I’ve got the last tips I hope through GIT
It’s the straight sample, I just modified appconfig.h to get only this defined :
#define JUCE_PLUGINHOST_AU 1
#define JUCE_SUPPORT_CARBON 1
#define JUCE_CATCH_UNHANDLED_EXCEPTIONS 1

I get the same result :
[color=#000080]JUCE v1.52.69
CoreMidi - opening out: Port 2
Opening AU: AudioUnit:Effects/aufx,dely,appl
Initialising AU: AUDelay
2010-09-27 15:30:51.023 Plugin Host[1775:a0f] *** Assertion failure in -[AUDelayCustomView getParameterValue:], /SourceCache/CoreAudioUI/CoreAudioUI-65.4/Source/CoreAudioUI/AUUI/CocoaCustomViews/Delay/AUDelayCustomView.mm:177
JUCE Assertion failure in /Users/luc/Documents/dev/juce/extras/audio plugin host/Builds/MacOSX/…/…/JuceLibraryCode/…/…/…/amalgamation/…/src/application/juce_Application.cpp, line 101
Debugger() was called!
sharedlibrary apply-load-rules all
(gdb) [/color]

Not sure what you want me to do about some kind of internal assertion in an apple plugin… You could try actually debugging it and seeing where that exception’s being thrown, but I doubt whether it’ll be a juce bug, more likely originating inside the plugin itself if it’s not working.

The Apple plugins that crashes through JUCE pluginHost sample opens seamlessly in AULab and logic.
I noticed that the one who crashes have graphical parts in the editor window and then perhaps custom properties. It seems to be Cocoa based windows.

I’m just an average hobbyist, enough too play with JUCE (awesome by the way) but I’m gonna have a hard time debugging an apple plugin… I assume, as AUDelay for instance is rather simple, Apple wrote it in a full compliant way to the AU specifications?

Luc

The other hosts may just be ignoring the exception and carrying on, so you don’t notice it - it could just be something that doesn’t actually matter. And I didn’t mean to debug the AU, but just to debug the host and catch the exception, to find out where it’s coming from.