Object C Class name suffix

The new Jucer has for the XCode exporter the field “Object C Class name suffix”. I think I had some time ago the warning that JUCE_ObjCExtraSuffix wasn’t defined and should be ( a #warning inside the source). After that I added a JUCE_ObjCExtraSuffix=‘something’ to the preprocessor definition.

Now I’m not quite sure whether I really need that. I suppose defining the ‘something’ in the Object C Class name suffix field should be sufficient, but since I’m not sure I thought I’d better ask.

Thanks,
Chris

Yes, that field is just a handy way of setting the value. It just creates a definition in the main header file.

Hi Jules,

the Jucer now has two ways of implementing a JUCE_ObjCExtraSuffix definition. One in the Project settings tab, resulting in a #define in JucePluginCharacteristics.h, the other in the XCode tab which creates the definition in the XCode project. The precautious programmer (like me :)) might fill in something in both which will result in redefinition warnings if the symbols are different.

Since the existence of the two implementations might be confusing (at least it was for me), could you get rid of one of them.

Chris

Hmm… That is a bit confusing. I guess I’ll have to remove the global setting, and leave the one in the XCode project settings, because it needs to be possible to generate more than one XCode project for the same jucer project which have different properties. But… if I remove the setting from the globals, then people who’ve created projects that set it will lose the setting and may not realise. So it’s actually quite a tricky problem!