Ongoing Font issues [EDIT]

Yesn you need to override the different “getfont…” methods in your lookandfeel, if you don’t find a standard one you can add one in your resources (that s what I do).

If that hack doesn’t make a difference, then I’m confused about which changes make the difference. Any chance that you could narrow it down to the specific GIT commit where it goes wrong?

Okay, recompiled on my lame miniMac, and here is the result:

Surprise The first of may! :wink:

Remember i have to use 10.5 SDK (because of incompatibilities with 10.6 base sdk - see the beginning of the thread)

or there is another bug, cross related to the 10.6 bug, which comes up after the 10.6 bug was fixed, but somehow implausible :slight_smile:

No this problem was there before that workaround was implemented.

This issue only manifests itself in a very specific set of conditions:
On OS X 10.6, in Logic Pro or Garageband (but not AU Lab or other AU hosts), using a binary built using the 10.5 SDK and that has a deployment target set to 10.5.

I’ve written a workaround for this issue and submitted it to Jules.

i definitly checked the last commit before the may one and it didn’t have this issue, from my perspective it was itroduced with it.

That’s what I meant, its been there since May 1. It didn’t “come up after the 10.6 bug was fixed” on June 10.

Thanks guys! Try it now…

Thanks for the fix!!

I hadn’t updated my Juce repository for at least two weeks and I encountered the exact same problem, so I updated it and it solved the font crash. Nice!

I had the same default font issue in Logic on OS X 10.6 with the latest JUCE. I develop on 10.10 with XCode 6.3.

The problem vaporised by switching from 10.4 SDK to 10.6 SDK. This info might help someone.