Open the example in Juce_ara in the ARA SDK. Error message link2019 and link1120.

I don’t know what to do. Opening an ARA template in Juce will also result in this error.

The following is an error message.

`Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol "public: bool __cdecl ARA::ChannelArrangement::isValidForChannelCount(int)const " (?isValidForChannelCount@ChannelArrangement@ARA@@QEBA_NH@Z) referenced in function “private: void __cdecl ARA::PlugIn::DocumentController::_validateAudioSourceChannelArrangement(class ARA::SizedStructPtr)” (?_validateAudioSourceChannelArrangement@DocumentController@PlugIn@ARA@@AEAAXV?$SizedStructPtr@UARAAudioSourceProperties@ARA@@@3@@Z) ARAPluginDemo_VST3 C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\ARA_SDK-main\ARA_SDK-main\JUCE_ARA\examples\Plugins\ARAPluginDemo\Builds\VisualStudio2022\ARAPluginDemo.lib(include_juce_audio_plugin_client_ARA.obj) 1

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK1120 1 unresolved externals ARAPluginDemo_VST3 C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\ARA_SDK-main\ARA_SDK-main\JUCE_ARA\examples\Plugins\ARAPluginDemo\Builds\VisualStudio2022\x64\Debug\VST3\ARAPluginDemo.vst3 1`

You need the older ARA state for JUCE:

P.S -

If you need latest ARA branch to work.
The Sound Radix JUCE fork (JUCE 6 and JUCE 7) supports it.

2 Likes

Though note that if you use the JUCE 6 variant then it doesn’t have the exact same API that ended up in JUCE 7 (but it’s close) so then you’ll need to do more migration work in the future when switching to JUCE 7.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. This problem has been solved perfectly. I replaced ara sdk2.1.0.

git clone --recursive --branch releases/2.1.0 https://github.com/Celemony/ARA_SDK

The problem is that once Arademo is compiled, it should be used in Cubase. My Cubase10.5 shows

Non ARA Instance. Please reopen as ARA2!
1 Like

With Steinberg there’s a complex process on enabling it during development from the Extensions menu. You can try their development forums.

Also, newer Steinberg DAWs includes bugfixes and performance improvement for ARA2.

If you need a DAW for testing ARA you can use the built-in JUCE one or REAPER easily.

3 Likes

This problem is solved. Thank you for your answer.
I used Peaper to test Ara and it worked very well.