Osx sdk 10.7

Hi Jules,
Is it just me or is it impossible to build Juce with OSX SDK 10.7 ? I get a bunch of errors related to “CarbonDummyPointName” etc…
A quick fix is to comment out those #defines. I have a vague understanding why the statements are needed otherwise, but apparently
its counterproductive in 10.7+ SDK

Perhaps have it depend on the SKD version?

In at least Xcode 4.4, the available SDK’s are 10.7 and 10.8

On the other hand… It’s only when I compile the AU wrapper I get this error, and I know I compile against 10.7 in other places. Perhaps my project file is at fault?

Well, the AU code still uses some carbon functions for backwards compatibility. You can turn them off if you set JUCE_SUPPORT_CARBON to 0, if I remember correctly.

I’m not 100% sure how the AU standard works. Is it allowed for a plug-in to have only Cocoa UI’s? Is the host required to load & display the plug-in anyway? Are there any known hosts that fail to load Cocoa-only plug-ins?

I’m getting bitten by this using JUCE 2.0 for an AAX plugin GUI. Should not the following lines in juce_gui_basics.cpp be wrapped within an #if JUCE_SUPPORT_CARBON statement?

#define Point CarbonDummyPointName #define Component CarbonDummyCompName #import <Carbon/Carbon.h> // still needed for SetSystemUIMode() #undef Point

[quote=“sophia”]I’m getting bitten by this using JUCE 2.0 for an AAX plugin GUI. Should not the following lines in juce_gui_basics.cpp be wrapped within an #if JUCE_SUPPORT_CARBON statement?
[/quote]I haven’t yet started messing with the AAX, but when I was building the AU under SDK 10.7, I found that all errors went away if I did NOT set JUCE_SUPPORT_CARBON to zero but rather

which in itself feels counter-intuitive.

Aside from juce_gui_basics.cpp I see now that this is an issue in juce_gui_extra.cpp and juce_audio_processors.cpp as well, and perhaps juce_VST_Wrapper.cpp (though I’m not sure whether the VST wrapper code depends on Carbon anyway). juce_IncludeSystemHeaders.h however handles Carbon.h including as it should, wrapping all of that CarbonDummyPointName, CarbonDummyCompName, and #include <Carbon/Carbon.h> as it should wrapped within #if JUCE_SUPPORT_CARBON
Anyway, hoping that this might be addressed in a future update.

I recently upgraded to using JUCE 3, and I see that juce_gui_basics.cpp has since been ammended with my suggested change, however I still have the issue with juce_gui_extra.cpp (and for whatever reason juce_audio_processors.cpp, while unchanged in that spot, is compiling okay for me now).

I didn't realise that was still there - it's not actually necessary at all, so I've removed it now. Thanks!