Plugin Sylo, crashes juce on GUI load

Plugin called Sylo from https://soundware.io/
Load it into the Juce audio plugin host, show the plugin gui, wait a second or two and juce closes.

It would be really helpful if you would compile and run the JUCE audio host in the debugger to help diagnose the issue. What you have written is impossible to diagnose from.

I assumed the developers would simply download the plugin and reproduce the problem there.
I’m not a developer, I am QA.

The juce audio plugin host isn’t a ‘product’ per se, it’s an example and a test tool that comes with juce. The developers produce the juce framework, for which they are interested in fixing bugs. I can’t speak for them, but I suspect this would be way down the list of priorities… unless someone provides information from a development perspective. Ie. Info from a debug session, that gives them a place to start. If you are using this tool in your testing, maybe your dev people could give that a try. Given enough info, sometimes people in the juce community will even take a look.

There’s not enough information to debug the problem at the moment.

It would be helpful to know:

• The Sylo version
  • The plugin format (VST2, VST3, AU etc.)
  • The OS version
  • The hardware (Arm or Intel)

It would also be useful to know whether you’ve contacted the developers of Sylo with this problem. It’s often a lot easier to debug these issues when you have access to the source code on both the host and plugin side. The developers of Sylo may be able to determine exactly where the problem is coming from - or they may already be aware of the issue and have a fix on the way.