Processing Audio Input - enable microphone reminder?

Hey there

@t0m this might be one for you. :slight_smile:
The tutorials in general have a really nice tendency to remind the newcomer of things to bear in mind. Items that I’m certain are blatantly obvious to JUCE users with moderate experience (ie more than mine).

As a result it took me an embarrassing hour or so to realise that with the “Processing audio input” tutorial I needed to enable microphone input in Projucer. I understand why it’s off as a default but I’m certain a few newcomers would benefit from the line “As you are using audio input functionality, remember to enable this in Projucer”.

I spent way too long googling and trying to figure out if Mojave security was the culprit interfering with my device permissions.

Lol

Cheers

Jeff

Thanks for the feedback - we’ll get that updated.

I ran into a similar issue in that the recording demo doesn’t seem to go to my microphone which is a plantronix headset. When I run this in the demo runner I can eventually select it. I ran into another issue with this erroring out because the sample rates are not the same for the mic/speaker on the device manager… but I’ll post that as it’s own thread.

1 Like