Projucer-generated Android Studio project build.gradle contains unsupported ndk abiFilter 'armeabi'

android

I have just installed both Juce (v5.3.2) and Android Studio (v3.1.3). Whenever I generate an Android Studio project from the Projucer (either an empty Hello World app, or the AudioRecordingDemo app bundled with Juce), I wind up with the following error during the Gradle project sync:

ABIs [armeabi] are not supported for platform. Supported ABIs are [armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86, x86_64].

If I manually edit the build.gradle file from:

productFlavors {
    debug_ {
        ndk {
            abiFilters "armeabi", "x86"
        }

To:

productFlavors {
    debug_ {
        ndk {
            abiFilters "armeabi-v7a", "arm64-v8a", "x86", "x86_64"
        }

the project now builds and runs. The changelog of the ndk-bundle that comes with Android Studio seems to indicate that the abiFilter ‘armeabi’ is no longer supported.

Is there currently a way to configure these abiFilters from the Projucer so the error does not occur, or is this a bug? Thanks in advance.

Just type manually ‘armeabi-v7a’ in the ‘Architecture’ field in the Android exporter options in Projucer. This is due to one of last updates of Android Studio.

Ah, I see. Thank you.

if you pull the latest and rebuild the projucer all references to armeabi should have gone now

You also need to re-build the Projucer.