Projucer Live Build: Bug

The Projucer live compiler seems to crash consistently when previewing a component.

I created a new GUI Application in the Projucer. Went to the build tab, and under “Components” I clicked the play button beside “Main Component.” This shows the preview of the component in a separate window. So far so good. When I do anything to that component, such as changing the background color, and hitting CMD+B it says “JIT Process Crashed - Segmentation Fault”. I have to relaunch the process to preview again.

Mac OSX v10.14.5
Projucer: v5.4.4

This is probably not a bug. It might be a good idea to show people on the forum what you are doing so they can help you.

The error message is essentially telling you that there is something that is not being found when you click on the component.

Sorry if that isn’t clear: a little more detail.

Start a new GUI Project, and go to the main component, and run the Live Build (as before). In the paint function (which looks like the code below), change the text color from white to green. Or change the background color, or change the text from “hello world” to just “hello”. It gives me this error every time I make any change. It isn’t an issue I am creating, as it works just fine on the next pass, without changing any code.

My understanding of the Live Build is that it would update the current preview, assuming there are no errors. Based on that, it seems like a bug. I have now tried this on two different computers, with the same result.

void MainComponent::paint (Graphics& g)
{
// (Our component is opaque, so we must completely fill the background with a solid colour)
g.fillAll (getLookAndFeel().findColour (ResizableWindow::backgroundColourId));
g.setFont (Font (16.0f));
g.setColour (Colours::white);
g.drawText (“Hello World!”, getLocalBounds(), Justification::centred, true);
}