Projucer not running on 14.04 LTS

Sorry, I've started a new thread instead of continuing an older one which I failed to find because I wasn't looking in the correct board! Anyhow, I reverted back to the libstdc++ that ships with 14.04LTS and I now get these errors when I start the Projucer:

./Projucer: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./Projucer)
./Projucer: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./Projucer)

Seems like it was built on a more recent distro.

14.04 is still the current LTS though, and afaik has everything needed by ProJucer.

It seems so. I'm only looking to get an Android Studio project generated. I guess, or I hope, that the Introjucer will soon have the ability to generate such projects.

Didn't you see that we already added Android Studio support?

My bad. I somehow made the naive assumption that the default 'Ant' build was the only Android option available to me! Good luck with everything over the next few days. I hope it all goes well.

I was having the same problem on Ubuntu 14.04. I updated the libcxx library, now I am getting a different error:

./Projucer: relocation error: ./Projucer: symbol _ZTVNSt7__cxx1115basic_stringbufIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE, version GLIBCXX_3.4.21 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference

Did you manage to solve it?

Hi! I am trying to launch Projucer on Ubuntu 14.04. I am also having this problem. Followed various steps I googled to get GLIBCXX_3.4.20 and GLIBCXX_3.4.21 working, and now I recieve the same error message as itakatz...

./Projucer: relocation error: ./Projucer: symbol _ZTVNSt7__cxx1115basic_stringbufIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE, version GLIBCXX_3.4.21 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference

Did anyone manage to get past this yet?

you can't get past this.

the juce team has to build projucer on 14.04. building on a newer ubuntu release was a mistake.

is this the current state of affairs, that the current download doesn't have support for 14.04 lts?

I'm on debian jessie and having the same problem. Any updates on this?

We'll be building a new version in the next few days - will check that it works on 14.04

Hi Jules, I c'ant run JUCE with KXStudio (ubuntu 14.04)  :

Do you have any news to fix my problem ?

thx

We'll release a new version at some point in the next few weeks, and will do our best to make it compatible with as many common distros as possible, but there are so many linux configurations that we can't possibly promise to make it work on all of them.

I've find a solution by installing dependences and an old version of juce that you can find with the link bellow :

http://www.juce.com/forum/topic/list-juce-dependencies-under-ubuntu-linux

then:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:fabian+roli/juce sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install introjucer

thanks to this i can use the introjucer while waiting for your new version

This is about the ProJucer though, which is closed source.

For IntroJucer we can just build it and it will work.

Is there any update on the new build of Projucer that'll work on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS?

For the next release we're going to refactor things so that the projucer is mostly open-source + a minimal DLL containing the compiler, so you'll be able to build it for more targets.