Projucer running on Linux

Hi Jules,

I've download today the latest JUCE's Linux archive including the Projucer app. Unfortunaly, when I run the file on my linux distro nothing start (no error) but a empty text file is writed on the same directory with a strange name : �ZM@�* 1[D (codage non valide)

I'm running on Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon 32bits (Cinnamon v2.6.13 / Linux 3.2.0-75-generic i686 Ubuntu)

Don't know if Projucer is already mature for all the Linux distros. Let me know if I've do something wrong.

Best Regards,

Maxprod

The compiler should currently be disabled for linux, just because we didn't have time to get it working before the release. But we'll be releasing a new version very soon which gets it going!

Ok. I understand. I'm eager to test this application. Good work in all cases and long life to Juce with the assistance of Roli.

Is the Projucer expected to work on Linux? I just downloaded and I get teh following errors when trying to run on (x)Ubuntu 14.04:

rory@rory-linux-PC:~/sourcecode/juce4$ ./Projucer
./Projucer: relocation error: ./Projucer: symbol _ZTVNSt7__cxx1115basic_stringbufIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE, version GLIBCXX_3.4.21 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference

Any ideas? I'm just looking to create an Android Studio test project.

Could you redownload it? There's was a fix released not long ago for some issues related to startup on Linux.

Hope this helps!

The version I just tried was from about 10 minutes Ok. The version from yesterday was giving me two errors relating to /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version ``GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found

I'm on 64bit 14.04 but I assume you guys are on a 64bit OS too.

Sorry, wasn't clear, does it work for you now? :)

That is to say the version I downloaded a few minutes ago is the one that gives me that error. In an attempt to fix the errors given by yesterdays download I installed new version of libstdc++. I might roll back and see if that helps.

Ok good call, let us know what happens.

Btw, I'm using libstdc++ 6.0.21? I'm finding it hard to locate a copy of an earlier version of the library. The advice seems to be always use the latest version.

Same issue above.

./Projucer: relocation error: ./Projucer: symbol _ZTVNSt7__cxx1115basic_stringbufIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE, version GLIBCXX_3.4.21 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference

Thing is, I think the symbol does exist? I grepped the strings in the library referenced, and seem to pickup a symbol, if I'm doing it right:

ryoung@Archer:~/Downloads/Juce$ ./Projucer ./Projucer: relocation error: ./Projucer: symbol _ZTVNSt7__cxx1115basic_stringbufIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE, version GLIBCXX_3.4.21 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference

ryoung@Archer:~/Downloads/Juce$ ldd Projucer | grep libstd
    libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007f137e72c000)

ryoung@Archer:~/Downloads/Juce$ strings /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6 | grep -C 1 GLIBCXX_3.4.21
GLIBCXX_3.4.20
GLIBCXX_3.4.21
CXXABI_1.3

We'll be re-architecting the way we build the projucer in the next release, so hang on for that, which may help!