Reference to point is ambiguous

Hi, started getting this in OSX release builds. Debug is fine.

I have copied juce::StandaloneFilterApp so that I can add a setUsingNativeTitleBar() call to initialise.

This all works fine in Debug but when I go to build release, I get the error. Any ideas?

thx

If youā€™re including system headers, just include them before the juce ones.

Hi Jules, ok thx - thatā€™s got rid of the Point issue it seems - Iā€™m now getting Button ambiguities, but at least theyā€™re in my code so I can go and scope them.

thx!

So it looks like I now need to replace all Button references with juce::Button - any shortcut to doing this? thx

using juce::Button;

Or donā€™t include the other headers except where you absolutely need them, so that there are fewer clashes. Thatā€™s generally good advice anyway.

I did try that in a top level header file, but then got told I needed to put class in front of all Button references so itā€™s still same amount of effort - at the end of the day, itā€™s not a big deal as I can just global replace all buttonClicked methods

However, it does make me think Iā€™m just doing something wrong here?

Iā€™ve copied juce_StandaloneFilterApp.cpp to my own class so I can have all its functionality but have my own initialise call. itā€™s all the header files at the beginning of this file that Iā€™m including (which are obviously all needed) that is causing this problem to happen. Maybe thereā€™s a better way to be going about replacing initialise() than this? Though from reading other posts, creating my own JUCEApplication class is the way to do.

I sent you a PM explaining how I replaced the StandaloneFilterApp. Iā€™ll just post this here in case anyone else runs into the same issueā€¦ in your copy of the StandaloneFilterApp class ā€“ donā€™t include any of the header files included in the original (except the include for the StandalonePluginHolder header file).

In your copy of juce_StandaloneFilterWindow.h add:

#if JUCE_MODULE_AVAILABLE_juce_audio_plugin_client

#include <juce_audio_plugin_client/utility/juce_IncludeModuleHeaders.h>

#endif

Rail

2 Likes

Hi Rail - thanks for that. That was the key - Iā€™d done all the same steps as you, but when creating my own app from juce_StandaloneFilterApp.cpp, Iā€™d copied all the header files across from that - replaced them just with the juce_IncludeModuleHeaders.h as you suggested and all the duplicates have goneā€¦ thanks!

FYI this (Reference to ā€˜Pointā€™ is ambiguous) is coming up again when trying to build the (non modified) JUCE AudioPluginHost on Mac Catalina and JUCE 5.4.7 (I just re-downloaded to verify) - using Projucer/all files from 5.4.7 zip from the ā€˜get JUCEā€™ download links.
(Note the host app in the zipped download still has ROLI copyright notices/ownership too)

1 Like

Hi wavesequencer, I have this exact issue as you. Did you figure it out?

I just modified the files in question to add using juce::Point;

1 Like

Thanks. Seems to be a namespace conflict. Replacing ā€œPointā€ with ā€œjuce:Pointā€ fixed it for me.