Release 1.13

Is up there now, for your delectation.

It’s mostly more new UI stuff in this one, including all-new tab components.

Here’s the changelist:

• tidied up the components directory, recategorising the components that were there and putting them into more appropriate folders
  • new class: PreferencesPanel for doing mac-style prefs panels.
  • improved the KeyMappingEditorComponent to use a treeview instead of a list, and to just look a bit nicer.
  • added parameters to DrawableButton to allow it to show another set of images when used as a toggle button.
  • changed DrawableText to use a GlyphArrangement. (Not sure why I didn’t do that in the first place)
  • new class: ColourGradient for specifying a colour gradient (obviously…)
  • DrawablePath now uses a ColourGradient to specify its fill type
  • tweaked DrawableButton to make it a bit more flexible
  • slider thumb size can now be specified in the lookandfeel class
  • sliders now hide the mouse when in velocity-sensitive mode
  • completely all-new TabbedComponent class, bearing no resemblence to the old one. This one’s much easier to use, has look-and-feel support and looks nicer. I’ve also split out a TabbedButtonBar class so you can just use the bar on its own, rather than using the TabbedComponent, which manages the whole panel.
  • fixed a leak when using modal components
  • added a new slider style: LinearBar, which is a left-right bar with the text label over the top
  • new class: ProgressBar, and a demo of the ThreadWithProgressWindow class (in jucedemo, widgets page, click the “show a popup menu” and it’s under “alert windows”)
  • more refactoring of the LookAndFeel class, in particular moving colours into the base class so you can create looks with customised colours without needing to override any functions
  • added an extra clicked() method to buttons so you can handle right clicks and modifier keys
  • added a text colour option to the TextButton
  • on Linux, sorted out setting the mouse position and invisible mouse cursors

awesome stuff :slight_smile: impressive as usual, thanks for the update jules

I didn’t have time to test version 1.12 that the 1.13 leave!!!

it seems to be very cool !!
thank you

Yeah, stop updating it so fast! I just get used to the changes made in one version and then there’ s another version out, with all sorts of goodies I want to try out :P.

(Seriously) the new TabbedComponent is much appreciated - I’ve been using the old one in my window manager (there’ll be an alpha release once I figure out how to detect when a window closes by itself), but it’s far from ideal.

• Niall.

Hmm, odd, in the new jucedemo (very nice setup by the way) acts odd, if I click to change the lookandfeel to the original, a great deal of the text everywhere disappears, and if I change it back to the shiny, it reappears…

Also (when the original lookandfeel is selected), the listbox selection in the upper-left disappears, but its text stays, if it is clicked on, the dropdown is completely black. As I run my mouse over the black dropdown menu, lines are highlighted blue, and not un-highlighted when moved off, so they just get progressively more and more blue the more I run the mouse over them…

The green box looks perfect on the desktop now. :slight_smile:

Also noticed the coloring of the tab windows background, bit of randomisation I take it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, if I drag the box to the desktop, and switch to another tab, it remains on the desktop, if I switch back, there is another box, could that be a potential memory leak?

[quote=“OvermindDL1”]Hmm, odd, in the new jucedemo (very nice setup by the way) acts odd, if I click to change the lookandfeel to the original, a great deal of the text everywhere disappears, and if I change it back to the shiny, it reappears…

Also (when the original lookandfeel is selected), the listbox selection in the upper-left disappears, but its text stays, if it is clicked on, the dropdown is completely black. As I run my mouse over the black dropdown menu, lines are highlighted blue, and not un-highlighted when moved off, so they just get progressively more and more blue the more I run the mouse over them…

The green box looks perfect on the desktop now. :slight_smile:

Also noticed the coloring of the tab windows background, bit of randomisation I take it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, if I drag the box to the desktop, and switch to another tab, it remains on the desktop, if I switch back, there is another box, could that be a potential memory leak?[/quote]

It all seems to work perfectly for me… which platform are you on? And is this a demo you built yourself, or the pre-built one on the website? Could just be a bug in the demo code that’s messing up memory, I guess.

just in case it helps, i get exactly the same bugs happening when i run the prebuilt jucedemo.exe. i’ve not tried building it myself though.

i’m on windowsXP

Prebuilt, Win XP Pro.

With prebuild demo, i have same problem (W98 or W2000)
but when i rebuild the demo, on W2000 it’s good :smiley:

under W98 i don’t test the rebuild version

Jules, you need to let people download old versions too, my stuff is using 1.8 and I am not going to recompile it with 1.1x unless I add features. People downloading my sources will probably will not be able to compile it with the new versions…I said on the site its built with 1.8

thanks

Utterly bizarre. It works fine in a debug build but not in release. Must be some sort of compiler problem, but I’m on the case and will track it down asap.

All the old versions are all still on there, under http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juce/downloads/juce_1_x.zip I’ll add some links to them when I get a moment.

ok, found the problem. C++ can be evil sometimes.

Seems that the compiler in release mode creates the static variables in a different order to the debug build, and the look and feel was getting created before any of its colours, which is why they were all junk.

I’ve patched the v1.13 that’s up there so if you download again it’ll be sorted. Sorry about that.

hmmm. interesting.

left work yesterday having done a compile of my project. nae problems. using juce 1.11.

I’ve got a working version in use and I’m starting on v2, so I thought i’d upgrade to juce to 1.13.

a few things broke. my footpedal code broke cos it was sending keyPress() to AlertWindows to trigger the buttons. keyPress is now protected. changed that to use exitModalState() instead which is better. no probs.

but a couple of memory leaks surfaced in my code. sorted them no problem but why would they only show themselves to VS when I upgraded JUCE?

you done some fancy low level stuff or something jules?

I added a call to dump all the memory leaks when it quits. In the previous versions this was only getting called when you did a Process::terminate(), not when the app exited normally. Glad I did this, because it showed up a couple of leaks that I’d not noticed previously.