Version 1.39

Seems like it’s been quite a long time since the last release, so thought I’d better get another one out!

Here’s the new stuff:

* change to the way Components and LookAndFeel objects handle colour. Preset colours are now identified by a unique ID number, and can be retrieved or set either for the lookandfeel object or overridden for an individual component. See the new Component::findColour and LookAndFeel::findColour methods for more info on this.
* new classes: SamplerSound and SamplerVoice, which are used with the Symthesiser class to form a very simple sampler. I've added an example of this to the audio demo.
* some Win32 changes to enable window maximising via the native system menu
* added an option to the Slider class for showing min/max values
* added ALSA midi output support for Linux
* support for Linux displays with only 16-bit colour, and fixes for handling of exteneded keycode input
* added some more string constructors, for creating strings from unsigned integers as well as signed ones
* new class: ComponentMovementWatcher, for keeping track of movements of deeply nested components (probably quite esoteric, but needed for things like OpenGL and ActiveX windows)
* Jucer: made references to embedded jucer files use relative pathnames rather than absolute, so directories of jucer files can be moved easily without breaking links
* Jucer: added constructor parameters properties for the components inside tabbed components, viewports and jucer components.
* Jucer: SVG files can now be dropped in as image resources
* changed the ApplicationCommandManager::getFirstCommandTarget() method to add a command ID parameter
* MemoryBlock::to64BitEncoding now returns a string rather than taking a dest string parameter
* tweaked the ImageCache class to use 64-bit hash-codes
* Plugin toolkit: added a class StandAloneFilterWindow, which is a window object you can use to build a plugin as a standalone app

splendid! thanks for the update :slight_smile:

my pleasure. It’ll probably break most people’s code because of the changes to the way colours are stored, but it’s pretty easy to update your projects to use the new stuff.

i’ve still not updated my version to v1.38 :oops:

Sorry! Found a couple of last-minute bugs in the Jucer, which I’ve now patched. If you downloaded the new version before I posted this message, you might want to get it again. They’re nothing major though, so not a big deal.

Hey! I’m Back!

(I figure I’m going to make Roid abit more usable and merge it with Peggy. I kind of got interupted by life stuff…and dabbling in game programming.)

I’m still on the VC7 Toolkit + Codeblocks. I get a linker error, a bizarre one. It says "Link.exe [Huge list of paths and stuff] failed.“
Very informative
"Link.exe [Huge list of paths and stuff] /VERBOSE” just says failed too.

I’m going to try some earlier versions. My last setup was with 1.29. It might be something you did in May or something. :slight_smile:

__Edit:
1.36 and earlier links fine. Later versions do not. I’m using the vc6 project files.
I suspect this may have something to do with codeblocks since no one else have complained. Maybe it’s another string handling bug, because that is one long list of paths that get sent to the linker.
Anyway, I don’t see anything critical in the later releases as far as I’m concerned so I’ll just use 1.36 for now.

Unless you happen to know what it is ofcourse?

Cool, looking forward to the color classes.

Are the html docs re-generated? And sorry to be dense, where is that link posted? I have the prevvious docs, but now I can’t find the link :oops:

On another topic, are the windows maximize functions a start on ‘kiosk’ behaviour? Is that coming to the Mac too?

Bruce

[quote=“Rock Hardbuns”]Hey! I’m Back!

(I figure I’m going to make Roid abit more usable and merge it with Peggy. I kind of got interupted by life stuff…and dabbling in game programming.)

I’m still on the VC7 Toolkit + Codeblocks. I get a linker error, a bizarre one. It says “Link.exe [Huge list of paths and stuff] failed.”
Very informative
“Link.exe [Huge list of paths and stuff] /VERBOSE” just says failed too.

I’m going to try some earlier versions. My last setup was with 1.29. It might be something you did in May or something. :slight_smile:

__Edit:
1.36 and earlier links fine. Later versions do not. I’m using the vc6 project files.
I suspect this may have something to do with codeblocks since no one else have complained. Maybe it’s another string handling bug, because that is one long list of paths that get sent to the linker.
Anyway, I don’t see anything critical in the later releases as far as I’m concerned so I’ll just use 1.36 for now.

Unless you happen to know what it is ofcourse?[/quote]

If you can sift out the actual error, I’m sure it’ll be nothing very difficult. Email me the full build log if you want.

[quote]Are the html docs re-generated? And sorry to be dense, where is that link posted? I have the prevvious docs, but now I can’t find the link Embarassed

On another topic, are the windows maximize functions a start on ‘kiosk’ behaviour? Is that coming to the Mac too?[/quote]

I always regenerate the docs when I do a release - all links are on

http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juce
http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juce/downloads

I’ve not looked at kiosk behaviour yet, the changes were just some windows fixes.

That downloads link is a bit off.

But I’m looking for an archive of all the html docs - I’m on Mac - and I can’t find that. Is that still linked somewhere? Thanks.

Bruce

Doh! Sorry, I meant:

http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juce/download.php

and

http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juce/api/all_docs.tar.gz