Well, it’s always a PITA to maintain a todo list with bad news, but I’m doing a post to list the bugs in the Juce demo.
When using Windows “Use OpenGL renderer”
- When switching the renderer, the windows’s inner border and menu are being overlaid by the last content of the component. A resize of the main window fix this.
- Drop shadow around menus are flickering like crazy
- The colour chooser component flicker like crazy too, up to being never drawn on the screen at any time
- There is some 1px issue in the drawing of background tab header components (like if it’s was missing to draw 1 pixel). If you over the mouse, sometimes it fixes it, sometimes it doesn’t (see attachment)
- In the OpenGL demo component, there is sometimes some “pink texture flash”, it stays for a single frame, where one texture of the cube becomes plain pink/blue. I wonder if there is some OpenGL error that is being ignored ?
- (Minor) There is flickering in the OpenGL demo (probably need to call glSetSwapInterval() ?)
- Sometimes, it quite rare but it happens, when going from the Rendering demo with OpenGL renderer selected to the OpenGL demo, the Juce demo crash, and stack show that the message thread is either killing the OpenGL rendering thread by force (in that case, the OpenGL thread is in a “purecall()” and the frame above seems to be “renderOpenGL()”), either it’s crashing because the main thread has deleted the OpenGL component, yet the OpenGL thread is struck in a Pimpl destructor trying to double free something).
[color=#808080]- No shadow anymore in the text boxes (but that might be fixed soon as it’s reported on the forum).[/color]
see the effect: