Rename key´s labels of the Host´s Piano Roll

Hey guys… How are you!? I´m pretty excited that i´m able to get my plugin working properly in FL Studio 20 on Windows 10, but now I stumbled in a detail that I have no idea how to deal with it. Here we go: I have my sampler plugin that is a Sampler that receives midi_input to play the samples loaded on it. Now I want to rename the keys of the host´s piano roll as the image below. Please anyone here has an idea how we can do it for our own plugin using JUCE? Thanks a lot in advance.

Ps: the plugin that to this to the piano roll is shown in this video at 0:49 s.

UPDATE SOLVED:
Thanks to g-mon I got a solution.
First I build the projucer from g-mon’s branch: FR: Support for MIDI note names

Vote to his request too! = )

So I could get it working with the legacy VST version of the plugin with the same implementation. But to do that I use this version of the vst2 sdk as it isn´t available from the official sources anymore.

This isn’t currently supported using JUCE. Please vote for my feature request here: FR: Support for MIDI note names

1 Like

Thanks a lot g-mon. I voted your request. I ll try your solution for VST. = )

Hey g-mon. I got my plugin vst3 running with your branch´s build, but I can´t get the hasNameForMidiNoteNumber method called in my Processor class. I overrided it and put some debug code but it is never reached. Can you tell me if I missing something? There is another entry point to your solution?

I´m testing the vst3 in Reaper + FL Studio 20 on Windows 10.

UPDATE:

I could get it working with the legacy VST version of the plugin with the same implementation. But to do that I use this version of the vst2 sdk as it isn´t available from the official sources anymore.

Which host are you using? I’m pretty sure FL Studio only supports MIDI note names for VST2.

Ok, I got it. You saved my time g-mon. Thank you so much. The legacy version is already a big deal for my purposes.

Answering your question:
I´m testing the vst3 in Reaper + FL Studio 20 on Windows 10. I just update my question above.

Thank you again for your great work.