Render Text using Juce in native OpenGLContext

We have an offscreen OpenGL context (not a Juce one) which i would like use to render text using Juce.
We want this because i would like to use Juce to render text, i'm not a fan of FreeType and because Juce can render text using OpenGL it makes sense to do it this way. We'll be rendering the text to a Texture using a Frame buffer.

Can i create an OpenGL LowLevelGraphicsContext using a handle to a native context in a way?

Btw, the Rest of our UI is using Juce as well of course :-)

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're asking?

You can either draw to a component using the GL renderer (like in the demo app). Or you can create an image using OpenGLImageType, and then use a normal Graphics to draw to it using GL.

If you want to create an Image with type 'OpenGLImageType ' i would need to create it through an OpenGLFrameBufferImage first right?
This OpenGLFrameBufferImage needs to be constructed with an OpenGLContext, but if i don't have an  Juce OpenGLContext can i use my own native context (for example NSOpenglContext) ?
So what i in fact need is to let Juce render in my own Opengl contex which hasn't been created with Juce, is this possible?

Bit tricky, as internally everything relies on the juce OpenGLContext class. Nearest function we have would be createOpenGLGraphicsContext()

Bit tricky, as internally everything relies on the juce OpenGLContext class. Nearest function we have would be createOpenGLGraphicsContext()

Hmm.... but all the createOpenGLGraphicsContext methods need a valid OpenGLContext object. Pity would have been nice to use Juce rendering directly in my own OpenGL context.

p.s by the way your last post about this 'silenceInProducesSilenceOut() ' was probably not meant for me ;-)