SamplerPlugin Demo...no audio

Anyone have any idea why the SamplerPluginDemo doesn’t produce audio?

It builds and runs, I can see the playhead moving when I press notes on my controller, but no audio. (Mac, Mojave, Xcode, develop branch)

It was independently verified by 2 other people it doesn’t work with a legacy MIDI controller. (I guess the MPE stuff is expecting some MIDI CC to be set for the volume level, even when the “legacy mode” is activated in the example?)

Hey guys, I’m also experiencing this bug.

The bug occurs because the synth is using the pressure to set the level, which is always 0 with a non-MPE controller even in legacy mode.

as a quick fix, change line 253 in SamplerPluginDemo.h to:
level.setTargetValue (currentlyPlayingNote.noteOnVelocity.asUnsignedFloat());

Although there probably should be some proper addressing to legacy mode there (also in MPEDemo).

Eyal

1 Like

Hey folks, I noticed that under options there is Enable Legacy Mode - that enables sound generation. Has anyone used this example as a starting point for making a sophisticated sampler? I’m embarking on a project to do that now-

When I build this in xcode using ableton. The plugin won’t load.
Ableton says:

Failed to create the VST3 plug-in "SamplerPlugin"
The VST3 plug-in could not be opened

Can anyone confirm this? I also want to use this example to start building my own more complicated sampler

We involved the velocity in the note volume calculation, so now there should be sound even with plain MIDI devices. Change is on develop in 61619ec0.

1 Like