SamplerPluginDemo

Hello everyone, it’s my first post here! I’m Paolo and I’m the main developer at FluffyAudio, we do libraries for Kontakt, but after struggling with the slowness of the scripting I decided to give JUCE a try. Years ago I have developed a plugin in Delphi (!!!) so I have a basic knowledge of how to program audio (including some necessary SIMD optimizations due to the slowness of Delphi). I always stayed away from C++ because it seemed over complicated, but I was struck about how the efforts in either Juce and the recent developments in C++ were made to provide a clean and simple set of tools that resembles languages that I love like Java. In short: last weeks I was completely hooked to Juce and started right away to work on a kind of absurd but very cool idea.
It’s has been like playing with the Lego Mindstorms for the first time, after a life spent playing with Lego Duplo :smiley:
Question:
Coming from the sampler world, I immediately noticed that there’s a SamplerPluginDemo in the new Juce release. But when I try to compile it in XCode, it gives me a series of errors:

First it seems that it needs some std:: namespaces and more fixes. Before trying to fix them in code I was wondering if I’m opening it badly (I just drag the PIPs in Projucer, open XCode and compile). I was really interested in this demo because I’m actually writing something that could possibly make great use of this, but I prefer to know how experienced developers do it, before trying to implement my own, possibly awkward, solution.

Thank you

Which OS-X and XCode versions are you on? edit : Nevermind, I am getting those same or similar errors in Windows and Visual Studio too.

1 Like

I was able to build the Surround Plugin Demo without problems, though. So there’s some specific issue in the Sampler Plugin Demo, I guess.

Thanks for flagging this, I’ll take a look today.

OK this should be fixed now.

Not in develop branch? :wink:

Oops, looks like our CI had a bit of a weird moment. It should be on develop shortly.

EDIT: It’s up now https://github.com/WeAreROLI/JUCE/commit/3977403b1ba3b35b5b509df748219efc1c0f1d1b

Still not working for Visual Studio 2017.

The first error I get is :

1>c:\programmingprojects_experiments2018\samplerplugin\source\samplerplugindemo.h(2623): error C2039: ‘mutex’: is not a member of ‘std’ (compiling source file …\Source\Main.cpp)

Thanks, it should be fixed on develop soon.

EDIT: https://github.com/WeAreROLI/JUCE/commit/563869300ebeb979423ca620de2f95d0e54956dd

The samplerplugin demo is building and opening, but how do i make it playback?

You’ll need to use an MPE-compatible device for controlling the plugin.

I’m assuming my old midi keyboard is not MPE-compatible. Is there any way to create a virtual MPE device?