Scrollbar::trackColourId request

I think this might be deprecated … since setting it (with LookAndFeel) does nothing.

LookAndFeel::drawScrollbar(…) doesn’t seem to use it at all.

Any chance that could be put in there instead of the gradient fill that currently takes the thumb colour and darken/fades it in the track?

I think that was a colour used in an older juce look+feel. It’d actually be a bit tricky to change the code without messing up people’s apps (e.g. if I swapped the thumb colour for track colour then people who had set a custom thumb colour would find their scrollbars looked different).

I’ve noticed this recently too. There seemed to be very few colours that actually work with the scrollbar to give a visible track. I was quite surprised that you couldn’t just say “no, seriously, i want the track to be this colour”.

Yes, it would certainly make more sense to use the value for that, but it would break it for anyone who’d used a custom thumb colour and was expecting the track to also use a matching colour.

But surely there could be a default. Something to do what it currently does if no color is specified.

Not so easy to have a default colour - you’d have to pick a particular magic colour value, and that’s a bit of a messy way to do it…

What about using something like this in the default void LookAndFeel::drawScrollbar (Graphics& g …) method :

const Colour thumbColour (scrollbar.findColour (ScrollBar::thumbColourId));

// override if the track colours is specificed
		if (isColourSpecified(ScrollBar::trackColourId))
		{
			Colour trackColour (scrollbar.findColour (ScrollBar::trackColourId));
			g.setGradientFill (ColourGradient (trackColour, gx1, gy1,
										   trackColour, gx2, gy2, false));

} else { // by default, use a darker version of the thumbColour

g.setGradientFill (ColourGradient (thumbColour.overlaidWith (Colour (0x44000000)), gx1, gy1,
											   thumbColour.overlaidWith (Colour (0x19000000)), gx2, gy2, false));
		}

g.fillPath (slotPath);

That way, if the user has specified a track color, it will appear … and otherwise it will do what it is doing now.

ah yes, I forgot it had an isColourSpecified method. Ok, that makes sense. We’d need to also remove that colour id setting from the lookandfeel constructor, of course.

Looks like this never got implemented ?

At least, the background color is still set via darkening the thumb color instead of using the track.

Ping me if you implement, so I can remove my overrides.