Seeking freelance JUCE developer for simple MIDI plugin

Hi JUCE crew, I’m designing the UI for a simple MIDI plugin to map multiple notes to a single key and I need help with the actual implementation. I’m a full time JavaScript/React developer and I would build it myself but I have zero experience with C++ and I’d like to speed up the development process.

I’m sure something along these lines has been built a million times, but I haven’t been able to find a cross platform plugin that works the way I want it to. The plan is to distribute this plugin for free once it’s built.

I would prefer someone with at least a few years of experience developing with JUCE, and with my own code I prioritize readability/understandability above everything else (for example, single letter variable names are never OK), so I would love to find a developer that shares that priority as I plan to take over the codebase myself at some point.

Please message me on here if interested!

Fred

2 Likes

This job has been taken! An amazing community member here messaged me about this post, very grateful for this forum :pray:t3:

3 Likes

Hey, I thought it might be interesting to close the loop on this thread. I just released the plugin that this job was posted for: KVR Audio

Pretty cool!! :smiley::tada::raised_hands:t3:

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone involved with creating and maintaining JUCE and this forum, could never have done it without you …and of course, one particularly awesome JUCE developer.

8 Likes

Nice! I’m going to use it!

1 Like

Haha, awesome tomto!!! Thanks for checking it out!

I love this idea! I’d love to see this extended to where you could skip programming and have it use an algorithm to play diatonic chords/chord extensions by selecting a key signature.

Kudos on a cool project.

Thanks mcfredrick! That is a very cool idea, but it doesn’t really fit with the design objectives of this plugin. There are actually some other plugins that work more along the lines you are suggesting though like Captain Chords and Scaler, which are pretty cool and def with checking out.

1 Like