Sending Audio Over Wifi

Hi
Does anyone know of a way to send one channel of audio over the network, with low enough bitrate to support a wifi network? I would like to send audio from a desktop to a tablet/mobile device.
And it would need to be non proprietary, and possible to implement in a juce app.
Does anyone have experience with something like this?

You would need to write up some kind of client/server interaction. JUCE provides several classes to achieve this:

I believe the JUCE demo provides examples of each.

I think binary websockets might be the way to do this without having to open ports etc

Thank you both for responding.
I’m relatively aware of the basics here, but is it really that trivial?
Simply pushing sample buffers through a socket. Is there no need to do data compression, or add error checking etc?
I guess a relatively large buffer would be needed to account for lost packages and connection issues. And you would need to resample at both ends.
And converting to 16 bit samples + dither seems like a good idea to save bandwidth.
But there is no “turn-key” solution out there then as far as you know.
Guess I have to get my hands dirty and make some tests :slight_smile:

Is there no need to do data compression, or add error checking etc?

Error checking - that’s a given.

Data compression? Well, probably! In fact, it’s very likely that you will need to, but it’s entirely dependant on your needs! Looking at your first message:

send one channel of audio over the network, with low enough bitrate to support a wifi network?

How performant should this be - in what kind of context? Real-time? Offline - so uploading to a server and waiting for something back, like in a P2P-style setting?

The concepts we have provided cover both cases at rudimentary levels, but it’s up to you to create and configure systems as per your needs.