Simple piano roll example?

Hey, I’m having a bit of trouble figuring out tracktion. I would just like to build a very basic piano roll with simple add and delete midi notes functions and the ability to play the midi back.

How can I start this? What class names should I look at? It’s very overwhelming so far!

Tracktion Engine does not deal with the GUI side of things at all. You would need to implement something like a piano roll GUI yourself, which would then manipulate the Tracktion Engine data.

Yes I’m aware of that, but I mean how can I use Tracktion to setup up the function of the midi stuff. Like playing bars, looping, stuff like that. Sorry if this isn’t a great description.

Basically I want to set up the midi handler in tracktion then I can use JUCE to draw and control the midi place and midi delete. I can draw the midi in juce but I don’t know how I can add this midi info to tracktion

Maybe this is a good start for a piano roll:

[Part 1]

[Part 2]

2 Likes

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much @baramgb ! I find it very hard to find tracktion examples outside of the packages examples