Single MIDI note to Multiple MPE Notes? (MPEInstrument, MPENote, MidiMessage, MidiBuffer)

Hi there- I am presently working on a concept that requires taking a single MIDI note & then duplicating + transposing it (with all parameters preserved except those I modify), in order to create harmony from a single note press. The output must be MPE to implement a tuning concept I have in mind, and to retain any MPE information found on the input note.

I’m having trouble understanding how to approach this, though. My thought was to extend MPEInstrument to handle the voice logic for me, then to overwrite my PluginProcessor’s processBlock’s MidiBuffer with the notes I get from my MPEInstrument after it allocates my harmonies.

However, I can’t seem to figure out how to do this- MPEInstrument can give me an MPENote, but I’m unsure how to go from an MPENote to a MidiMessage I can write to the MidiBuffer. Is there a method for this, or where can I read how to manually translate an MPENote into a MidiMessage?

Alternatively, is there a smarter way to go about my concept?

I’d noticed this thread in browsing, but it doesn’t seem an approach was found there.