SOLVED: Build error help please

Just on my first attempt at using the Android exporter. Have followed the instructions from the tutorial but am getting a build error as follows …

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':app:externalNativeBuildDebug_Debug'.
> Build command failed.
  Error while executing process C:\Users\MArk\Documents\Processing\android\sdk\cmake\3.10.2.4988404\bin\cmake.exe with arguments {--build C:\Users\MArk\Documents\JUCE Projects\AndroidTest1\Builds\Android\app\.externalNativeBuild\cmake\debug_Debug\x86 --target juce_jni}
  Unknown argument Projects\AndroidTest1\Builds\Android\app\.externalNativeBuild\cmake\debug_Debug\x86
  Usage: cmake --build <dir> [options] [-- [native-options]]
  Options:
    <dir>          = Project binary directory to be built.
    --target <tgt> = Build <tgt> instead of default targets.
                     May only be specified once.
    --config <cfg> = For multi-configuration tools, choose <cfg>.
    --clean-first  = Build target 'clean' first, then build.
                     (To clean only, use --target 'clean'.)
    --use-stderr   = Ignored.  Behavior is default in CMake >= 3.0.
    --             = Pass remaining options to the native tool.

Any thoughts/advice pleae?

Many thanks
Mark

maybe its the whitespace in your path… try changing “JUCE Projects” to “JUCEProjects”

Thanks … will give that a try :grinning:

EDIT: Fixed
I was editing the MainComponent by replacing setSize (600, 400); and should have been in MainWindow, which seems to have everything it needs in it anyway … maybe tutorial needs updating as it works without any edits required.

Thanks for helping me get there :slight_smile:
Mark

OK …. that fixed that error, but know I have

FAILED: CMakeFiles/juce_jni.dir/C_/Users/MArk/Documents/JUCE_Projects/AndroidTest1/Source/MainComponent.cpp.o 
  C:\Users\MArk\Documents\Processing\android\sdk\ndk-bundle\toolchains\llvm\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\clang++.exe --target=i686-none-linux-android23 --gcc-toolchain=C:/Users/MArk/Documents/Processing/android/sdk/ndk-bundle/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/windows-x86_64 --sysroot=C:/Users/MArk/Documents/Processing/android/sdk/ndk-bundle/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/sysroot  -DDEBUG=1 -DJUCER_ANDROIDSTUDIO_7F0E4A25=1 -DJUCE_ANDROID=1 -DJUCE_ANDROID_API_VERSION=23 -DJUCE_ANDROID_GL_ES_VERSION_3_0=1 -DJUCE_APP_VERSION=1.0.0 -DJUCE_APP_VERSION_HEX=0x10000 -DJUCE_PUSH_NOTIFICATIONS=1 -D_DEBUG=1 -Djuce_jni_EXPORTS -I../../../../../../../JuceLibraryCode -IC:/JUCE/modules -IC:/Users/MArk/Documents/Processing/android/sdk/ndk-bundle/sources/android/cpufeatures -g -DANDROID -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -funwind-tables -fstack-protector-strong -no-canonical-prefixes -mstackrealign -fno-addrsig -Wa,--noexecstack -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fexceptions -frtti -fsigned-char -std=c++14 -O0 -fno-limit-debug-info -O0 -fPIC -MD -MT CMakeFiles/juce_jni.dir/C_/Users/MArk/Documents/JUCE_Projects/AndroidTest1/Source/MainComponent.cpp.o -MF CMakeFiles\juce_jni.dir\C_\Users\MArk\Documents\JUCE_Projects\AndroidTest1\Source\MainComponent.cpp.o.d -o CMakeFiles/juce_jni.dir/C_/Users/MArk/Documents/JUCE_Projects/AndroidTest1/Source/MainComponent.cpp.o -c C:/Users/MArk/Documents/JUCE_Projects/AndroidTest1/Source/MainComponent.cpp
  C:/Users/MArk/Documents/JUCE_Projects/AndroidTest1/Source/MainComponent.cpp:14:5: error: use of undeclared identifier 'setUsingNativeTitleBar'
      setUsingNativeTitleBar (true);
      ^
  C:/Users/MArk/Documents/JUCE_Projects/AndroidTest1/Source/MainComponent.cpp:15:26: error: unknown type name 'MainContentComponent'
      setContentOwned (new MainContentComponent(), true);
                           ^
  C:/Users/MArk/Documents/JUCE_Projects/AndroidTest1/Source/MainComponent.cpp:17:5: error: use of undeclared identifier 'setFullScreen'
      setFullScreen (true); // set to fullscreen rather than call centreWithSize()
      ^
  3 errors generated.

These are from the lines of code that the tutorial says should be edited in MainComponent.cpp

#include "MainComponent.h"

//==============================================================================
MainComponent::MainComponent()
{
    setUsingNativeTitleBar (true);
    setContentOwned (new MainContentComponent(), true);

setFullScreen (true); // set to fullscreen rather than call centreWithSize()
    setVisible (true);
}

ok, good to hear that its working. i think you can go on and mark this thread as solved.

cheers, f.

Do I just edit the title of the thread to do that ?