Hello! Just a note to say that we’ve quietly slipped out our first v0.8 beta release of SOUL today!
All the info you need should now be in the repo:
It includes the following items:
- Support and specs for the SOUL Patch format. This is a new audio plugin format for writing SOUL-based cross-platform plugins.
- Dependency-free C++ headers and dynamic libraries to allow developers to load and run SOUL Patches in their apps on OSX, Windows and Linux.
- Utilities for loading SOUL Patches as a juce::AudioPluginInstance, to make it easy for existing JUCE apps to load patches.
- A command-line tool which does a range of tasks including:
- Load and run a SOUL patch with live code reloading
- Compile a SOUL file and emit errors, for integration into IDEs
- Generate C++ or HEART from a SOUL file
- Create new patch projects
- Generate visual graphs from SOUL files
- A refreshed soul.dev playground which supports patches, and has new input and output features
Also coming very soon is a release of Tracktion Waveform which has built-in support for SOUL patches, allowing them to be live-coded while the DAW is running… Hopefully available in the next day or two.
Looking forward to our SOUL workshop at ADC on Monday, and then the many more years of slog to keep building this tech into something even more amazing!