[Standalone App] Continue playing audio during startup (SOLVED)

Hello Everyone,

On iOS when I watch Youtube app (in background mode) or listen Music. While opening my standalone juce app, then the sound on youtube/or music app is paused. Is there a way to avoid this?

Thank you! Tried to find something regarding this on forum or documentation but not found. Sorry if it was already discussed.

That’s a YouTube thing. You have to pay for premium to make it keep playing videos when you close the app.

I already paid for Youtube premium. As I said the same issue with Apple Music app, which is plays sound on the background fine.

For example if I opens iMoog, GarageBand, Cubasis, etc… They don’t pause audio playback of other app that is opened on the background.

So what I’m looking is for some kind of flag/or interface that allow me to do disable the following thing:
[[AVAudioSession sharedInstance] setCategory:AVAudioSessionCategorySoloAmbient error:nil];

So the my steps is basic:

1. Open any app with background music
    … music is playing…
  2. Go to desktop
    … music is playing…
  3. Open my Juce “Standalone” app
    … music has been stopped…

But I expect:

1. Open any app with background music
    … music is playing…
  2. Go to desktop
    … music is playing…
  3. Open my Juce “Standalone” app
    … music is playing… + …my app is playing…

Did you enable “Audio Background Capability” in Projucer?

1 Like

@mcmartin So the background audio needs to be enabled… Got it. Thanks! In this case, it works.

Is this an Apple limitation or is it still possible to disable Solo mode without background mode?