TextEditor onReturnKey only triggering for fn+return on MacOS

TextEditor onReturnKey only triggering for fn+return on MacOS. My understanding is that on mac fn+return = enter. However, I would think that onReturnKey would fire on return, or return AND enter, not just enter.

I have tried calling setReturnKeyStartsNewLine(false) (though I know it should default to false anyways).

I am on JUCE 7.0.12.

I am sure I can create a work around with a custom key listener, but this behavior doesn’t seem quite right so I thought I would make a post about it. Any help would be great!

Have you tried calling setEscapeAndReturnKeysConsumed (true) the default should be true according to the documentation but I think I noticed the same behaviour just yesterday, I haven’t checked if this is a bug or a change in behaviour yet.

Thanks for the suggestion! I just got a chance to try it out and unfortunately it didn’t fix the issue, but I appreciate it nonetheless. Still only fires the event for fn+return.

Thanks I’m going to be looking at some TextEditor related work so I’ll keep an eye for this and keep you posted.

Thanks! I appreciate it. Let me know if you find anything.