Thanks Jules!

Hey bud…just wanted to let you know that I have been having a great experience with your library. I’m almost done migrating my application away from my home-brew UI over to Juce and it’s been about 3 weeks which is actually pretty spectacular all things considered. I know that so far all of my posts in the forum have been about defects or feature requests (and that will probably not stop lol) so I just wanted to balance it out with some praise so you don’t think I’m chronic complainer.

Thanks very much, glad you’ve been enjoying it, and looking forward to seeing what you’ve built!

But don’t worry about criticising - bring it on! Praise is nice, but it doesn’t help improve the product, whereas grumbling can be really useful to help me get a feel for the areas I should focus on. At the moment I’m obsessively trying to polish everthing towards being a “guru” quality codebase, so I’m particularly eager to hear of any rough edges that I might have missed, or areas where people think it could be improved.

Let me second the thanks, getting to the tail end of an application of 25K lines of C++ code using Juce.

Regarding comments: I have about three saved drafts of long posts about how to change Juce - not published mainly because, well, it works pretty well, and none of my “improvements” are overwhelmingly great.

I think I’m going to snip off each part into a short individual post… stay tuned!

• 1!!!
    Thank you Jules for this amazing library.
    I started with it a few years ago, when the only programming language I knew was basic.
    And I mean the basic for commodore 64!
    Now I can build everything I want in c++.
    And the main application I’m working on is now more then 60k lines long!
    So, again, thank you.

+10 ! damn straight

我也要感谢Jules。

JUCE的确是一个很不错的C++类库。清晰、简洁、干净。但是,对我这样的编程新手来说,上手和熟练运用的难度和代价均十分巨大。要实现一个小小的想法或功能,往往需要花费很多的时间和精力,看API文档直到头晕眼花,要不断的摸索和尝试……

要是有一本系统、全面、深入浅出、通俗易懂的JUCE教程就太好了。而且,最好有中文版的。 :stuck_out_tongue:

下图是最近一个多月以来,我的工作成果。还在做软件的界面部分。操作模式、大体的框架和思路都比较清晰了。虽然很简陋,但是已经让我很激动了。

基于此,真的很感谢Jules和它的好宝贝。呵呵!

SwingCoder,第一次看你的名字,我就知道你是中国人,呵呵,我也是哈。这个库确实很牛的,不过呢,你应该写段英文来感谢的,不然Jules大哥,看不懂的哈

wangfangjie1221@hotmail.com,加我的msn,以后切磋哈。

I agree with SwingCoder and I want to express my thank to Jules here, your library is amazing and spectacular. However, I don’t have extra time to learn it as my daily work is very tough, but I still persist in keeping eyes on this forum. Wish Juce library become more and more powerful in the future. :smiley:

Thanks

Warren

[quote=“xinhu”]SwingCoder,第一次看你的名字,我就知道你是中国人,呵呵,我也是哈。这个库确实很牛的,不过呢,你应该写段英文来感谢的,不然Jules大哥,看不懂的哈

wangfangjie1221@hotmail.com,加我的msn,以后切磋哈。
[/quote]
他乡遇新交,何尝不是幸事一件?呵呵~握手~

之前我也用英语表达过谢意,或者提出一些比较简单的问题。不过Jules和其它人经常看不懂。呵呵。阅读英文或者英译汉,勉强能对付,但是用英语来表达和交流,我觉得困难不小。特别是计算机和编程方面。因为我本身不是计算机专业出身的专业人员,很多东西不知道该怎么说。加上年龄也不小了,记忆力和精力都不太好,一方面自学C++和JUCE,一方面还要熟悉这个领域的英语术语,压力的确很大。几个月前,我连++i和i++都不知道是什么,呵呵。见笑了。

希望多多交流,并诚恳期待能得到您的指点和帮助。谢谢。

我也来感谢!!
这里有我们三个中国人,大家一起切磋!争取能为国内普及JUCE做一份贡献!