Tracktion 4

Sorry, someone had to do it …

So, Jules, that is actually the big “secret” project you have been working on !!! :mrgreen:

The website isn’t up yet

But some videos are:

Wo-hoo! Exciting! So it’s really independent of Mackie? I would have thought you sold all Tracktion rights to them, but obviously not… anyway, good luck with the new company!

Yes indeed. It’s been a bit of a rush though, we only got the code back a couple of months ago, and there was a lot of cleaning up to do.

Anyway, I must go and build a release version, as we’re apparently supposed to be releasing it later today…

Awesome!

Congratulations Jules!

I read this news on Audiofanzine (french) and it’s a SUPER-MEGA-NEWS-OF-THE-DEAD !!! (= i’m happy ) 8)

these are fantastic news for all who use juce to build audio related software…

[quote=“jules”]Yes indeed. It’s been a bit of a rush though, we only got the code back a couple of months ago, and there was a lot of cleaning up to do.

Anyway, I must go and build a release version, as we’re apparently supposed to be releasing it later today…[/quote]

Hi Jules,

Is tracktion build on the tip of JUCE ?
Does it offers opengl rendering ?

By the way : Congrats :slight_smile: !

If i remember, JUCE was made when Jules develop Tracktion 1 (because he didn’t find a good software for himself), and after, JUCE grow, and grow, …

[quote=“lilin”]Is tracktion build on the tip of JUCE ?
Does it offers opengl rendering ?
[/quote]

Yes, it’s at the tip, of course!

I did add a secret option for GL rendering, and it works pretty well, but haven’t enabled it publicly in the first release, just to avoid any complications it might cause. May enable it in the future though.

Who is taking over the code now that Jules is done?

huh? Which code?

huh? Which code?[/quote]
Vincent may be implying you won’t have time for regular Juce now.

huh? Which code?[/quote]

The code for Tracktion 4

huh? Which code?[/quote]

The code for Tracktion 4[/quote]
Ah.

But I’m not done… (?) Will probably get someone else to help with it in the near future, but it’s still my project.

Looks great. I never used the old version but I think I might try out the latest. My congratulations to all involved. One question, when you say in the video ‘support for all the latest operating systems’, does this include Linux?

So, which booth are you showing at? 7612 here :slight_smile:

I’m not going to NAMM, and we don’t actually have a booth… Woody and Dave, the other Tracktioneers, are there having meetings/schmoozing, so if you want to meet them, drop them a line!

Hi Jules, can you post an email address to arrange a meet up with Woody and Dave at NAMM?