Tracktion Engine Compile Error with Today's JUCE Develop

I’m getting the following compile error with today’s JUCE Develop, and the most recent Tracktion Engine Develop. Reverting to the previous Develop compiles without issue.

>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.38.33130\include\xutility(241,54):
 error C2248: 'tracktion::engine::MidiInputDevice::MidiKeyChangeDispatcher::MidiKeyChangeDispatcher':
 cannot access private member declared in class 'tracktion::engine::MidiInputDevice::MidiKeyChangeDispatcher'

I’m on Windows 11 with all updates, and Visual Studio 2022 Version 17.8.2.

I need this for my MidiRecordingClip class. If this has changed. Is there an alternative?

Looks like SharedResourcePointer got refactored, maybe it doesn’t work with classes with private constructors anymore, which would be a shame.

Doh I knew I would break something!

I’ll take a look at this but it will probably have to be Monday now sorry.

1 Like

I also got an error which I think was due to this change:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX13.3.sdk/usr/include/c++/v1/__memory/allocator_traits.h:298:9: error: no matching function for call to 'construct_at'

Rolling back the JUCE commit fixed it

A change is just making its way through CI now, should be on develop shortly.

2 Likes

The deployment got stuck in CI last night, however all is now good and the fix has been deployed.

Thanks for raising.

3 Likes