Tracktion Personal License for a team of two

Am I able to use the Tracktion personal license for myself and another person if we are working on a project together as long as it is GNU GPL?

It appears as if there is a limit to 1 developer seat for personal license, but then I see (revenue) exceptions where you can release something under GPL if you are above a given revenue range. I’m curious if developer seat is/has an exception as well if released under GPL, but I don’t explicitly see it.

:slightly_smiling_face:

The GPL is a separate license to the commercial license.

If you are releasing the source to your work in an easy to obtain manner as per the GPL license then you don’t need a commercial license.

The commercial license is for closed source projects and you will need one per developer.

Maybe a better question from me. If two people are working on a small project together, is there anything incorrect about both obtaining a Tracktion Personal License to work on the project, given we are under the revenue restriction?

No, you’ll both need a license (i.e. two “seats”) if you’re both working on a product.
If it’s closed source that will be the Personal License, if it’s open source, that license will be the GPL (assuming you conform to it).

1 Like