Two messages always leak with Juce Demo Vst

I have debugged the demo vst plugin that compiles with juce and I get two message leaks with using the following version of visual studio

JUCE v1.46

Pentium M laptop 2GB RAM

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 3.5
Installed Edition: VC Express
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 91909-152-0000052-60341
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008

Here is the debug log output that I get with any host (eg Live 6.0.10, Live 7.x, Cubase 5.0.0 etc):

Detected memory leaks!
Dumping objects ->
c:\documents and settings\andy\my documents\dev\trunk\thirdparty\juce\src\juce_appframework\events\juce_message.h(81) : {446888} normal block at 0x090E29B8, 24 bytes long.
Data: < > B0 DB 0E 13 CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD
Object dump complete.
Detected memory leaks!
Dumping objects ->
c:\documents and settings\andy\my documents\dev\trunk\thirdparty\juce\src\juce_appframework\events\juce_message.h(81) : {446888} normal block at 0x090E29B8, 24 bytes long.
Data: < > B0 DB 0E 13 CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD
Object dump complete.

Any ideas?

Andrew Simper

Sometimes there are still a couple of internal messages in the queue when the app quits - it’s not dangerous, and there’d be no advantage in forcing the app to wait for them before it dies.

This happens every time the plugin is loaded and unloaded, regardless of if the host is exiting or not. For example when I compile a new version of The Glue and got to debug, when Live 6.0.10 on win scans the new plugin I see the same two message leaks every time.

Yeah, it’ll happen each time the juce messaging code gets initialised and shutdown.

I can’t think of any damage that these stray messages could do, but if the shutdown code waited for them to get flushed, I think you could hit some deadlock situations. Best just to let them leak…