Typo in the Reverb algorithm

Hello Jules !

There is a typo in your reverb algoritm. The processMono function should be written like this :

void processMono (float* const samples, const int numSamples) noexcept
{
        jassert (samples != nullptr);

if (shouldUpdateDamping)
            updateDamping();

for (int i = 0; i < numSamples; ++i)
        {
            const float input = samples[i] * gain;
            float output = 0;

for (int j = 0; j < numCombs; ++j)  // accumulate the comb filters in parallel
                output += comb[0][j].process (input);

for (int j = 0; j < numAllPasses; ++j)  // run the allpass filters in series
                output = allPass[0][j].process (output);

// better !
            samples[i] = output * wet1 + samples[i] * dry * 0.5f;

// wrong, because of the gain, and the dryScalefactor
            //samples[i] = output * wet1 + in * dry;

}
}

Ah, good catch! Many thanks!

Hello Jules !

I have a question. In the function setParameters of the reverb, there is this code :

const float wetScaleFactor = 3.0f;
const float dryScaleFactor = 2.0f;

What is its use ? In the fix I proposed for the processMono, I added a 0.5f multiplication to compensate this, since I want the effect to be equivalent to a bypass when the dry parameter is one, and the wet parameter is zero. I thought it was some kind of compensation for stereo signals, but you didn't add my extra multiplication when you fix the bug on the processMono function...

IIRC that's there to make the parameters compatible with the parameters for the old Freeverb plugin which this class emulates. 

True, it's a bit odd that the value is 2.0, and I'm not sure why that's the case. But I obviously can't change its behaviour now, because that'd mean that all existing code which uses a Reverb object would suddenly produce different output.