Ubuntu VSCode and CMake

I created a quick POC of a raw CMake project incorporating some basic JUCE modules. This is the CMakeLists.txt and this compiles, builds and executes fine.

cmake_minimum_required( VERSION 3.15 )
project( RouvyDownloads )

target_sources( RouvyDownloads PUBLIC
main.cpp
/home/michael/Documents/Src/Libs/Cpp/Juce/include/JUCE-7.0.4/modules/juce_core/files/juce_File.cpp
/home/michael/Documents/Src/Libs/Cpp/Juce/include/JUCE-7.0.4/modules/juce_core/files/juce_RangedDirectoryIterator.cpp
/home/michael/Documents/Src/Libs/Cpp/Juce/include/JUCE-7.0.4/modules/juce_core/text/juce_String.cpp
)

target_include_directories( RouvyDownloads PRIVATE
/home/michael/Documents/Src/Libs/Cpp/chilkat-linux-clang/include
/home/michael/Documents/Src/Libs/Cpp/Juce/include/JUCE-7.0.4/modules/juce_core
/home/michael/Documents/Src/Libs/Cpp/Juce/include/JUCE-7.0.4/modules/juce_core/files
/home/michael/Documents/Src/Libs/Cpp/Juce/include/JUCE-7.0.4/modules/juce_core/text
)

target_link_libraries( RouvyDownloads PUBLIC /home/michael/Documents/Src/Libs/Cpp/chilkat-linux-clang/lib/libchilkat.a )

My issue with the following (created as a JUCE console app) - is that I cannot get VSCode to recognize the Chilkat library. I don’t get IntelliSense nor does it find the header files.

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.15)
project(CONSOLE_APP_EXAMPLE VERSION 0.0.1)
find_package(JUCE CONFIG REQUIRED)

juce_add_console_app(ConsoleAppExample
PRODUCT_NAME “Console App Example”
)
target_sources(ConsoleAppExample
PRIVATE
Main.cpp
)
target_compile_definitions(ConsoleAppExample
PRIVATE
# JUCE_WEB_BROWSER and JUCE_USE_CURL would be on by default, but you might not need them.
JUCE_WEB_BROWSER=0 # If you remove this, add NEEDS_WEB_BROWSER TRUE to the juce_add_console_app call
JUCE_USE_CURL=0
)

target_include_directories( ConsoleAppExample
PRIVATE
/home/michael/Documents/Src/Libs/Cpp/chilkat-linux-clang/include
)

target_link_libraries(ConsoleAppExample
PRIVATE
# ConsoleAppData # If you’d created a binary data target, you’d link to it here
juce::juce_core
PUBLIC
juce::juce_recommended_config_flags
juce::juce_recommended_warning_flags
/home/michael/Documents/Src/Libs/Cpp/chilkat-linux-clang/lib/libchilkat.a
)

My current workaround is to #include the full path to the Chilkat header I want to use as in the target_include_directories statement above

Any guidance on this is greatly appreciated - would love to get this third party library add to my JUCE project via CMake (I currently incorporate it through Projucer)
Thank you!