Unable to build AU with CLion while Xcode builds without problems

I started using Juce together with CLion and I can’t get AU projects to build.

I’m using:

• Juce 5.4.1
  • Clion 2018.3
  • XCode 10.1

After creating a default AudioPlugin Projucer project (VST, AU, Standalone) and adding XCode and Clion as exporters I start Clion.
The CMake process already gives an error which I think is the root of the problem.

/Applications/CLion.app/Contents/bin/cmake/mac/bin/cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -G “CodeBlocks - Unix Makefiles” /Users/ronaldmoetwil/data/audio-development/NewProject/Builds/CLion
failed to find AudioUnit/AudioUnit.r
/Applications/JUCE/modules/juce_audio_plugin_client/juce_audio_plugin_client_AU.r:28: ### /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/Rez - SysError 2 during open of “AudioUnit/AudioUnit.r”.
Fatal Error!
/Applications/JUCE/modules/juce_audio_plugin_client/juce_audio_plugin_client_AU.r:28: ### /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/Rez - Fatal Error, can’t recover.
/Applications/JUCE/modules/juce_audio_plugin_client/juce_audio_plugin_client_AU.r: ### /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/Rez - Since errors occurred, /Users/ronaldmoetwil/data/audio-development/NewProject/Builds/CLion/cmake-build-debug/NewProject.rsrc’s resource fork was not written.
– Configuring done
– Generating done
– Build files have been written to: /Users/ronaldmoetwil/data/audio-development/NewProject/Builds/CLion/cmake-build-debug
[Finished]

The project builds fine in XCode.

1 Like

I verified the change by building Projucer from develop and I’m now able to build AU with CLion.
Thx!

1 Like