Unresolved external called from Steinberg::Vst::HostApplication::HostApplication

I’ve taken a fresh install of JUCE and the latest VST3 SDK from Steinberg.
In attempting to follow the tutorial at https://docs.juce.com/master/tutorial_create_projucer_basic_plugin.html, Visual Studio 2017 reports the following:

3>include_juce_audio_plugin_client_VST3.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __cdecl Steinberg::Vst::PlugInterfaceSupport::PlugInterfaceSupport(void)" (??0PlugInterfaceSupport@Vst@Steinberg@@QEAA@XZ) referenced in function "public: __cdecl Steinberg::Vst::HostApplication::HostApplication(void)" (??0HostApplication@Vst@Steinberg@@QEAA@XZ)
3>E:\sw_dev\c++\projects\MidiVST3\Builds\VisualStudio2017\x64\Debug\VST3\\MidiVST3.vst3 : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I can’t see anyone else having the same problem on the forums. Any pointers?

TIA,

Jerry.

Why do you need the latest VST3 SDK? There’s a VST3 SDK already embedded within JUCE, but it’s one version older than Steinberg’s latest release.

If you really need the latest version then you should use the JUCE’s develop branch, which which is both compatible with, and contains, the latest VST3 SDK.

Why do you need the latest VST3 SDK?
Actually I don’t. So how should I set the path to the VST3 SDK in ‘Global Paths’? Should I leave it blank?

Thanks,

Jerry.

OK, leaving it blank works: everything now compiles. Thanks!

Jerry.