Upgrading juce 1.46 project to 2.0 - do i need introjucer?

Hi all

I have a project that was built for juce 1.46 and xcode 3.
I recently updated my mac and want to use xcode 4 now.
I checked out the latest juce version using git.
When i try to build my project i get a bunch of warnings
About juce.h being obsolete and that appconfig.h is
Missing and that i should use the introjucer.
Xcode also complains about semantic issues with using
T() for strings.

What is the recommended way to update this project such
That it will build fine using the latest juce?

I’m using xcode 4.6.2 on osx 10.8.

Thanks
B

Well, you don’t need to use the introjucer, but I would recommend it unless you’ve got some kind of bizarre custom build process.

If it was me doing this (and I did exactly this kind of update with tracktion), I’d suggest just starting a new introjucer project, dumping your source code into it, and working through any build errors. If you have a lot of T() macros, you might want to just define yourself a dummy macro to avoid having to remove them (for tracktion, I used a regex to clean them out of the codebase)

[quote=“jules”]Well, you don’t need to use the introjucer, but I would recommend it unless you’ve got some kind of bizarre custom build process.

If it was me doing this (and I did exactly this kind of update with tracktion), I’d suggest just starting a new introjucer project, dumping your source code into it, and working through any build errors. If you have a lot of T() macros, you might want to just define yourself a dummy macro to avoid having to remove them (for tracktion, I used a regex to clean them out of the codebase)[/quote]

Ok, how should i define the T() macro?

[quote=“bschiett”][quote=“jules”]Well, you don’t need to use the introjucer, but I would recommend it unless you’ve got some kind of bizarre custom build process.

If it was me doing this (and I did exactly this kind of update with tracktion), I’d suggest just starting a new introjucer project, dumping your source code into it, and working through any build errors. If you have a lot of T() macros, you might want to just define yourself a dummy macro to avoid having to remove them (for tracktion, I used a regex to clean them out of the codebase)[/quote]

Ok, how should i define the T() macro?[/quote]

#define T(x) (x)

[quote=“jules”][quote=“bschiett”][quote=“jules”]Well, you don’t need to use the introjucer, but I would recommend it unless you’ve got some kind of bizarre custom build process.

Ok, how should i define the T() macro?[/quote]

#define T(x) (x)[/quote]

Thanks. Is there still a way to get juce 1.46 built with xcode 4 if i want to stick with it for some reason?

No idea to be honest. It might be possible, but isn’t something I’d be able to help with.

No idea to be honest. It might be possible, but isn’t something I’d be able to help with.[/quote]

Ok, i understand :slight_smile:

With the introjucer, is there some standard strp by step guide on upgrading an existing codebase like you did for tracktion?