Create a juce project from xcode project

Hello,

Is it possible to create a juce project from a xcode project

Depends what you mean by a “juce project”. You can of course just add the juce source code to your existing project and use it. But if you mean an introjucer project, then no, it’d be impossible to convert an OSX-specific project into something that’s cross-platform. But if you were to create an introjucer project and dump all your source files into it, it shouldn’t take too much tweaking to get it running.

Thanks i wanted to create a introjucer project so i will add the source code into a new introjucer project. Im not sure this will make a difference but the xcode project was created using introjucer but now don’t have the .jucer file.

I have source codes originally from an Xcode juce project, how can I convert it to a visual studio project. I took the source code and added it in a new project file after running introjucer on visual studio 2010 and then did the necessary configuration for all the external linkers and header files. The problem is i get a series of errors when I build the project.  One of such errors is:

1>c:\users\yakis\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\raytracercomparisongui\maincomponent.cpp(318): error C2664: 'juce::Label::setText' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'bool' to 'juce::NotificationType'

Jules, what do I seem to be missing? Thank you!

The notification type error is because you're building old code, and the method arguments changed a few months back. Have a look at the method in question - I'm sure you'll be able to figure out how to update your code!

Hi Jules,

I am trying to run an xcode source code generated using juce on visual studio 2010. I took the source code and ran introjucer, created a new project with the same name as before and then added the source code using the existing code option in introjucer. After configuring my external linkers and header files, i chose visual studio for the save and open option. Everything went successfully except when I tried to build the project in visual studio i get a series of errors. One of such errors is :

1>c:\users\yakis\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\raytracercomparisongui\maincomponent.cpp(318): error C2664: 'juce::Label::setText' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'bool' to 'juce::NotificationType'

I have checked the juce documentation for the setText method and its parameters but still didn't get successfull.

Please, what am I seriously missing. Thanks

I told you: the parameters have changed. If you used the old jucer to create the file, then you can probably just re-open it in the new introjucer GUI editor and re-save it to update all the auto-generated bits.