Use of didFinishLaunchingWithOptions

Hello Jules,

I was thinking to support "Open In" in a iOS application, and I'm learning that to achieve that, it should use the UIApplicationDelegate didFinishLaunchingWithOptions() method.

I see that JUCE instead uses the applicationDidFinishLaunching() method and I found this statement within Apple's documentation about didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:

Important

For app initialization, it is highly recommended that you use this method and the application:willFinishLaunchingWithOptions: method and do not use the applicationDidFinishLaunching: method, which is intended only for apps that run on older versions of iOS.

It seems it is available from iOS 3.0. Do you think it is feasible to switch to this method?

Thanks

I'd also be interested in this, since this is also required for returning to your application from a Local Notification.

Bump?

Yes, sounds like it'd be smart to switch, but would need to still be backwards-compatible.. I don't have time to try this, would anyone be interested in seeing if things still work ok with both the newer and older functions in place?

I would. But I can only test with iOS 8.1 on a device or with 7 in the simulator.

Me too!  Would like to be able to support opening files from other apps.

http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/DocumentInteraction_TopicsForIOS/Articles/OpeningSupportedFileTypes.html

Steve