Use resource icon as system tray icon

Hi,
I’ve compile my application with an icon as a resource using vc 8.0. Is it possible to use this icon also in the system tray? I may load it from file as an png but I like to have it in the executable.

Regards,
Boris

There’s nothing in there to do that - it’d be a bit too platform-specific! You can of course embed its png in the exe too, so it wouldn’t really make any difference whether it’s using a png or a resource.

Hi Jules,

[quote]You can of course embed its png in the exe too, so it wouldn’t really make any difference whether it’s using a png or a resource.
[/quote]
How do I embed a png/gif/jpg in the exe using vc and how do I create an object of type Image from such an embedded png icon?

Regards,
Boris

Use BinaryBuilder and the ImageFormat class - that kind of thing is done throughout the juce demo, jucer, etc.

Cool tool, I wasn’t aware of the BinaryBuilder tool, it’s quite simple to embed my icon in the exe this way, thanks for the hint, everything works fine.
Now I have my icon embedded two times in the exe, once as a gif in the cpp generated by BinaryBuilder, and once as an icon resource with vc, but that’s ok.

Regards,
Boris