V1.40 won't build under Linux

Hi,
I can’t seem to get version 1.40 to compile under Linux (mandriva 2005 LE).
I’m just doing a make, using the supplied Makefile.
It looks like it is related to audio functions (which I don’t really need anyway).
Here are the errors:
juce_OggVorbisAudioFormat.cpp
juce_WavAudioFormat.cpp
juce_AudioFormatReaderSource.cpp
juce_AudioSourcePlayer.cpp
juce_AudioTransportSource.cpp
juce_BufferingAudioSource.cpp
juce_IIRFilterAudioSource.cpp
In file included from …/…/src/juce_appframework/audio/audio_sources/juce_IIRFilterAudioSource.cpp:36:
…/…/src/juce_appframework/audio/audio_sources/juce_IIRFilterAudioSource.h:37:59: …/…/…/juce_core/containers/juce_OWnedArray.h: No such file or directory
In file included from …/…/src/juce_appframework/audio/audio_sources/juce_IIRFilterAudioSource.cpp:36:
…/…/src/juce_appframework/audio/audio_sources/juce_IIRFilterAudioSource.h:78: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration ofOwnedArray' with no type ../../src/juce_appframework/audio/audio_sources/juce_IIRFilterAudioSource.h:78: error: expected;’ before ‘<’ token
…/…/src/juce_appframework/audio/audio_sources/juce_IIRFilterAudioSource.cpp: In constructor juce::IIRFilterAudioSource::IIRFilterAudioSource(juce::AudioSource*, bool)': ../../src/juce_appframework/audio/audio_sources/juce_IIRFilterAudioSource.cpp:47: error:iirFilters’ undeclared (first use this function)
…/…/src/juce_appframework/audio/audio_sources/juce_IIRFilterAudioSource.cpp:47: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
…/…/src/juce_appframework/audio/audio_sources/juce_IIRFilterAudioSource.cpp: In member function void juce::IIRFilterAudioSource::setFilterParameters(const juce::IIRFilter&)': ../../src/juce_appframework/audio/audio_sources/juce_IIRFilterAudioSource.cpp:59: error:iirFilters’ undeclared (first use this function)
…/…/src/juce_appframework/audio/audio_sources/juce_IIRFilterAudioSource.cpp: In member function virtual void juce::IIRFilterAudioSource::prepareToPlay(int, double)': ../../src/juce_appframework/audio/audio_sources/juce_IIRFilterAudioSource.cpp:68: error:iirFilters’ undeclared (first use this function)
…/…/src/juce_appframework/audio/audio_sources/juce_IIRFilterAudioSource.cpp: In member function virtual void juce::IIRFilterAudioSource::getNextAudioBlock(const juce::AudioSourceChannelInfo&)': ../../src/juce_appframework/audio/audio_sources/juce_IIRFilterAudioSource.cpp:83: error:iirFilters’ undeclared (first use this function)
make[1]: *** […/…/bin/intermediate_linux/Debug/juce_IIRFilterAudioSource.o] Error 1
make: *** [JUCE] Error 2
[jos@dhcppc0 linux]$

Any ideas what’s causing this error?

Thanks,
johna

Its always a good idea to read the thread about the version in question before making a new subject… Your question is answered there.

Anyway, if you look at the first error, it says:

…/…/src/juce_appframework/audio/audio_sources/juce_IIRFilterAudioSource.h:37:59: …/…/…/juce_core/containers/juce_OWnedArray.h: No such file or directory

So then you only have to edit …/…/src/juce_appframework/audio/audio_sources/juce_IIRFilterAudioSource.h, line 37, coloumn 59, and change OWnedArray into OwnedArray.

Yeah, sorry about that. When I use linux, I compile the code remotely via a samba connection to my windows drive - that means that the filenames aren’t case-sensitive, so I didn’t notice that typo…

Sorry about that - read before you post - got it !
Thanks for the assistance all the same. I made that modification and it now builds just fine
on Linux. The ‘jucedemo’ app builds and runs fine too. This looks like a fabulous
piece of work indeed. Kudos to Jules.
Needless to say, I’m new to Juce. Is there an idiots guide, or a HelloWorld example that
just pops up a screen, or tutorial, to get me started?

Thanks,
johna

Yes, Haydn has written a tutorial, there’s a sticky post in this very forum area. :smiley:
He also has some “getting started” code, and I think there’s a hello world in the JUCE source package?

it’s a little out of date at the moment tho… oh dear i’ve got a lot of catching up to do!! :cry: