Virtual File System?

Hey everyone-

For the app I am working on with JUCE we are reading wav and video files (using java for the video…) into our program and then triggering their playback. We would like to make it so that we can bundle all of the wav and video files together so that we can read from them, but so the user can’t access them. (So essentially we would be creating our own file type?) I’ve been poking around on here to see if there’s any way to do this, and have seen several recommendations for somewhat similar questions to use SQLite or VFLib.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to these two options or have another solution? Is it possible to do this in JUCE itself? How well does SQLite integrate with JUCE?

Sorry if this post is in the wrong area, I’m new to the forum.

Thanks,
Tom

On windows you could use solutions like boxedapp sdk or packer. Hope this helps.

Here the link, I am sorry I have forgotten to include it: http://boxedapp.com

Why not put them in a zip file and make use of Juce’s zip file support?

I thought about doing this, but the problem is that you have to unzip the zip file into some directory which the user would be able to access, right?

I thought about doing this, but the problem is that you have to unzip the zip file into some directory which the user would be able to access, right?[/quote]

Not unless you want the user to see the files (?) The juce zip classes let you create streams to read directly from the zip file, you don’t need to decompress it first.

you’re absolutely right, thanks