Warnings in Windows 2013 build

I'm seeing the following warnings:

1>c:\dev.github\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\format_types\juce_vstpluginformat.cpp(1942): warning C4996: 'juce::AudioProcessor::getInputChannelName': was declared deprecated (..\..\..\..\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\juce_audio_processors.cpp)

1>          c:\dev.github\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\processors\juce_audioprocessor.h(927) : see declaration of 'juce::AudioProcessor::getInputChannelName'
1>c:\dev.github\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\format_types\juce_vstpluginformat.cpp(1942): warning C4996: 'juce::AudioProcessor::isInputChannelStereoPair': was declared deprecated (..\..\..\..\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\juce_audio_processors.cpp)
1>          c:\dev.github\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\processors\juce_audioprocessor.h(935) : see declaration of 'juce::AudioProcessor::isInputChannelStereoPair'
1>c:\dev.github\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\format_types\juce_vstpluginformat.cpp(1942): warning C4996: 'juce::AudioProcessor::getOutputChannelName': was declared deprecated (..\..\..\..\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\juce_audio_processors.cpp)
1>          c:\dev.github\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\processors\juce_audioprocessor.h(928) : see declaration of 'juce::AudioProcessor::getOutputChannelName'
1>c:\dev.github\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\format_types\juce_vstpluginformat.cpp(1942): warning C4996: 'juce::AudioProcessor::isOutput
ChannelStereoPair': was declared deprecated (..\..\..\..\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\juce_audio_processors.cpp)
1>          c:\dev.github\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\processors\juce_audioprocessor.h(936) : see declaration of 'juce::AudioProcessor::isOutputChannelStereoPair'

1>c:\dev.github\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\format_types\juce_vst3pluginformat.cpp(2452): warning C4996: 'juce::AudioProcessor::getInputChannelName': was declared deprecated (..\..\..\..\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\juce_audio_processors.cpp)
1>          c:\dev.github\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\processors\juce_audioprocessor.h(927) : see declaration of 'juce::AudioProcessor::getInputChannelName'
1>c:\dev.github\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\format_types\juce_vst3pluginformat.cpp(2452): warning C4996: 'juce::AudioProcessor::getOutputChannelName': was declared deprecated (..\..\..\..\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\juce_audio_processors.cpp)
1>          c:\dev.github\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\processors\juce_audioprocessor.h(928) : see declaration of 'juce::AudioProcessor::getOutputChannelName'
1>c:\dev.github\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\format_types\juce_vst3pluginformat.cpp(2452): warning C4996: 'juce::AudioProcessor::isInputChannelStereoPair': was declared deprecated (..\..\..\..\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\juce_audio_processors.cpp)
1>          c:\dev.github\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\processors\juce_audioprocessor.h(935) : see declaration of 'juce::AudioProcessor::isInputChannelStereoPair'
1>c:\dev.github\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\format_types\juce_vst3pluginformat.cpp(2452): warning C4996: 'juce::AudioProcessor::isOutputChannelStereoPair': was declared deprecated (..\..\..\..\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\juce_audio_processors.cpp)
1>          c:\dev.github\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\processors\juce_audioprocessor.h(936) : see declaration of 'juce::AudioProcessor::isOutputChannelStereoPair'

Is there any way to shut these up? Or can the functions be deleted, they aren't used anymore, are they?

Yeah, thanks - I'll do something about those..

Hi,

I am getting those exactly same warnings by compiling plugin host example...

What can I do about it?

Thanks for help

Nathaniel

Don't worry about them. It's just some temporary deprecated functions, it'll go away when we move the plugin hosting code to use our new bus arrangements, but the warnings won't affect your code in any way.

Sorry to pick up this thread, but: I’m in the process of moving an older plugin over to 4.2.x and also saw these deprecation warnings for these functions (which are still in my code), using VS2015:

const String getInputChannelName (int channelIndex) const;
const String getOutputChannelName (int channelIndex) const;
bool isInputChannelStereoPair (int index) const;
bool isOutputChannelStereoPair (int index) const;
bool silenceInProducesSilenceOut(void) const;

I was using these (just a number string for the channel names, marking input and output as stereo, and silence in producing silence out set to false), so I’m wondering: if these are deprecated now:

• can/should I just delete these functions?
  • what are they replaced with? will I still get the same behavior automatically?

@fabian or @jules What’s the current state with these deprecated functions?

I’m on the develop branch (last commit date July 7, SHA-1: 3ff5ed0f44a2456c28793fb2ec700034c3ab5e74) because I needed a fix for this issue: 4.1. setPreferredBusArrangement() mono-stereo or same Ins/Outs

So, my questions still hold:
I was using these (just a number string for the channel names, marking input and output as stereo, and silence in producing silence out set to false), so I’m wondering: if these are deprecated now:

• can/should I just delete these functions?
  • what are they replaced with? will I still get the same behavior automatically?

This is a question for Fabian - he should be back next week and will catch up on multichannel issues…